It’s “wow things are getting interesting” week in the SEC week. Who ya got? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Re: It’s “wow things are getting interesting” week in the SEC week. Who ya got?

Quote Originally Posted by bamamc1 View Post
    LSU is going to smash Texas at their place.
    That's how I see it also. I mean, I know Texas will be fired up at home. They got a huge national perception boost taking out UGA in the Sugar Bowl last season as their "signature win." But we can all attest to being creamed in the Sugar Bowl by a decidedly weaker team after the heartbreak of being left out of the championship game. I look to UGA's game at LSU last year as a barometer. "Not ready for primetime" was the conclusion of that one and I see the same scenario playing out in Austin Saturday for the Horns.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation All-American PA Tide Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamamc1 View Post
    LSU is going to smash Texas at their place.
    It can't be ruled out but it would certainly break a trend if it happens. LSU is favored by less than a TD and Texas coach Tom Herman's record is 13-2-1 against the point spread when he is an underdog. If that trend holds then it figures to be a very close game, if not an outright Texas win.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    I guess I'm just going to have to be shown that LSU is legit before I believe it. Although I did not realize how banged up Texas is...
    I feel the same way about Texas. Texas will have to beat more than one good team to make me a believer.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Probably physically in an airport somewhere, but in Tuscaloosa in spirit

1) LSU
    2) Tennessee
    3) Clemson
    4) WVU
    5) Nebraska

Bonus

1) Michigan
    2) Miami
    3) Syracuse
    4) USC
    5) Washington

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) LSU @ Texas. We don’t know much about either team but I have a feeling Texas has saved a lot for this game, and I’m still unsure Burrows and Oeaux have improved. I got Texas

2) BYU @ Tennessee- neither are good teams, but I feel Tennessee is a lost team and BYU is just a bad team. I got BYU

3) aTm @ Clemson. Since there are a lot on here that believe that aTm has a serious shot this game makes the main menu. I just don’t buy aTm at all. Clemson in a blowout is my pick

4) WVU @ Mizzou. Neal Brown gets his debut against a big boy program. As bad as Mizzou played against Wyoming, I’m reminded that Wyoming’s coach would be a Top 10 coach In FBS had he wanted a big boy job. Then again Neal Brown was going against a big boy program in the FCS in his first game so it wasn’t exactly the same as going against a low level FBS or mid tier FCS. Tricky pick but I’ll go with Mizzou

5) Nebraska @ Colorado- another tricky game but something is saying Colorado. I don’t know if it’s bias or just the purely the status of the Nebraska program. Colorado is my pick

Bonus

1) Army @ Michigan. Michigan
    2) Miami @ UNC. UNC
    3) Syracuse @ Maryland. Syracuse
    4) Stanford @ USC. Stanford
    5) Cal @ Washington. Washington
    1) Got to go with LSU much to my son's displeasure being a Horn grad.
    2) I simply cannot believe the vles will allow another whooping after the GA State fiasco. Going with the suck egg viles.
    3) I expect Clemson to win but not cover the spread. Believe the aggies are prepared to fight to the end.
    4) Simply do not have a clue. Missouri should cover but who would of thunk they would get bulldogged by the Cowboys.
    Last edited by crimsonaudio; September 5th, 2019 at 07:03 AM. Reason: formatting
    "May the Tide Be with You"

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    I feel the same way about Texas. Texas will have to beat more than one good team to make me a believer.
    Yeah, it's difficult for me to believe in either one. I figure LSU is going to win, but I'll stand by my pick and see how things fall.

BamaNation Hall of Fame uafan4life's Avatar

1) LSU @ Texas.
    I don't think Texas knows how beat LSU but I'm not sure the other is true, either. Tigers' D makes a big play to get the win.
    Pick: LSU

2) BYU @ Tennessee.
    Two mules fighting over a turnip. Vols want to avenge last week's embarrassment.
    Pick: Tennessee

3) aTm @ Clemson.
    I'd have a hard time not picking A&M in this game if A) it were at College Station or B) they could have not run their mouth. It's closer than many think, though.
    Pick: Clemson

4) WVU @ Missouri.
    Meh.
    Pick: Missouri

5) Nebraska @ Colorado.
    Also meh.
    Pick: Colorado

Bonus

1) Army @ Michigan.
    Man, I really want to pick Army in this one but I just can't. I'd love to be wrong, though!
    Pick: Michigan

2) Miami @ UNC.
    How good is UNC and how bad is Miami? We'll find out, sort of - though this might be a squeaker.
    Pick: Ball-Out-Belt Copycats (Miami)

3) Syracuse @ Maryland.
    Flipping a coin...
    Pick: Maryland

4) Stanford @ USC.
    USC might come out blazing with an unknown quantity at QB and shock the trees... but I doubt it.
    Pick: Stanford

5) Cal @ Washington.
    Easiest pick on the board.
    Pick: Washington
    I have yet to figure out why common sense and common courtesy are called common.
    - Unknown

Tradition is always under construction.
    - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

8 winners this week all with 4 right main card picks:

TideEngineer
    GCTidefan
    ccc2259
    Bamaville
    Coolbreeze
    B1Gtide
    Uafan4life
    81usaf92

Overall standings: Score on the left of the parenthesis is overall score. score within is the number you got this week.

1)B1Gtide - 4 (2.5)
    1)Uafan4life- 4 (2.5)
    3) TideEngineer- 3.5 (2)
    3) 81usaf92 - 3.5(2)
    3) Bamaville - 3.5(2)
    6) Tusk-n-raider - 3 (1)
    6) HTTR - 3 (1.5)
    6) CoolBreeze - 3 (NP)
    9) DzynKingRTR- 2.5 (1)
    9) Isiah 63:1- 2.5 (1.5)
    11) GCtidefan - 2 (NP)
    11) ccc2259 - 2(NP)
    13) DawgByte - 1.5 (NP)
    14) CajunCrimson - 1 (NP)

remember you got 1 point for winning the main card which that number was 4 this week unless I missed a perfect score. Bonus picks were worth 0.5 for each correct.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal