It’s “wow things are getting interesting” week in the SEC week. Who ya got?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Current Standings

1)Tusk-n-raider 2
2) 81usaf92 1.5
2) B1Gtide 1.5
2) Tide Engineer 1.5
2) DzynKingRTR 1.5
2) HTTR 1.5
2) Bamaville 1.5
2)Uafan4life 1.5
9) Isiah 63:1 1

1) LSU @ Texas. We don’t know much about either team but I have a feeling Texas has saved a lot for this game, and I’m still unsure Burrows and Oeaux have improved. I got Texas

2) BYU @ Tennessee- neither are good teams, but I feel Tennessee is a lost team and BYU is just a bad team. I got BYU

3) aTm @ Clemson. Since there are a lot on here that believe that aTm has a serious shot this game makes the main menu. I just don’t buy aTm at all. Clemson in a blowout is my pick

4) WVU @ Mizzou. Neal Brown gets his debut against a big boy program. As bad as Mizzou played against Wyoming, I’m reminded that Wyoming’s coach would be a Top 10 coach In FBS had he wanted a big boy job. Then again Neal Brown was going against a big boy program in the FCS in his first game so it wasn’t exactly the same as going against a low level FBS or mid tier FCS. Tricky pick but I’ll go with Mizzou

5) Nebraska @ Colorado- another tricky game but something is saying Colorado. I don’t know if it’s bias or just the purely the status of the Nebraska program. Colorado is my pick

Bonus

1) Army @ Michigan. Michigan
2) Miami @ UNC. UNC
3) Syracuse @ Maryland. Syracuse
4) Stanford @ USC. Stanford
5) Cal @ Washington. Washington

Who ya got?

Have fun

Last edited:

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
Re: It’s “ wow things are getting interesting” week in the SEC week. Who ya got?

I'm like you. Clemson runs away with aTm. Not even close. I hope I'm wrong. I'll be yelling "Gig 'em!"

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Re: It’s “ wow things are getting interesting” week in the SEC week. Who ya got?

These are some tough picks this week.

1) LSU @ Texas. Texas I am just not buying that L8U has discovered how to beat a team with an offense.

2) BYU @ Tennessee- Twelveessee. I think they actually rebound and beat the cougars.

3) aTm @ Clemson. In my upsets thread I picked Texas A&M. After the idiotic comments I am tempted to change my mind but I will not. I am going with Texas A&M.

4) WVU @ Mizzou. Mizzou, although I am not feeling great about it.

5) Nebraska @ Colorado- another game where I originally picked the upset. Colorado is my pick.
Bonus

1) Army @ Michigan. Michigan. I am really tempted to pick the upset, but just cannot do it.
2) Miami @ UNC. Miami, but don't feel great about it.
3) Syracuse @ Maryland. Syracuse, last week's Terp blowout was a fluke against a terrible team.
4) Stanford @ USC. Stanford, but it will be a close possible OT game.
5) Cal @ Washington. Washington and it won't be close.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN

I'm like you. Clemson runs away with aTm. Not even close. I hope I'm wrong. I'll be yelling "Gig 'em!"
I think Clemson will easily take care of aTm. This is tricky....if aTm were to beat Clemson or play them close then they will gain confidence for when they play us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

1. LSU @ Texas - Texas
2. BYU @ Tennessee - BYU
3. Texas A&M @ Clemson - Clemson, BIG. I think boredom could have been an issue for Clemson, and then the A&M lineman went ahead and ran his mouth. A motivated Clemson will crush A&M.
4. WVU @ Mizzou- I’ll pick the Tigers at home.
5. Nebraska @ Colorado - Buffaloes. Wherever Frost is supposed to take Nebraska, they ain’t getting there this year.

Bonus:

1. Michigan over Army
2. Miami over UNC
3. Maryland upsets the Cuse
4. Stanford over USC
5. Washington over Cal

GCtidefan

1st Team
Sep 23, 2010
Adger, AL

I'm taking LSU over Texas. The Who's looked ready for prime time in their first game, and Texas is down to only 1 scholly RB.
Also taking WVU over Mizzou even though I didn't see either one play this past weekend. Just can't imagine a team losing to Wyoming and beating the Mountaineers.
I like the rest of the OPs picks even If I'm pulling for Army and the Aggies.
RTR

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

1) LSU @ Texas. - I think this is going to be one of those games that proves why the SEC is better than other conferences. Sure there are some bad teams but we have more top tier teams than most. LSU

2) BYU @ Tennessee- The loss Tennessee had this past weekend is going to really mess with there heads. Plus they're bad. But for some reason I think they bounce back an win this one Tennessee

3) aTm @ Clemson. - Look, if both QBs play like they did last week this game could be closer than it should be. Mond looked good and made some incredible throws. I can see how an upset could happen. On the other hand I think TL has a better game and I have zero confidence in picking Clemson to lose to a team I think we'd beat by 20. AND then that aTm player had to say they would win. All of that said and despite my better judgement, Texas A&M it is

4) WVU @ Mizzou. - Didn't watch the Mizzou game but heard Kelly Bryant did alright despite losing to Wyoming. Mizzou

5) Nebraska @ Colorado- Nebraska

Bonus

1) Army @ Michigan. Michigan - begrudgingly. They're going to get upset this year though.
2) Miami @ UNC. UNC
3) Syracuse @ Maryland. Maryland - Syracuse is overrated and I like Locksley enough and I always kinda root for UMD since I grew up in MD.
5) Cal @ Washington. Washington -I want Eason to be better than Fromm

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

LSU Big
BYU in a squeaker (you can't fix that in one week)
Clemson (don't believe in Jimbo)
WVU (is better than Wyoming)

Nebraska

Army
Miami
Syracuse
Stanford
Washington

Last edited:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

1) LSU

2) BYU

3) Clemson

4) Mizz

5) Nebraska

Bonus

1) Army
2) Miami
3) Syracuse
4) Stanford
5) Washington

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

1) LSU crushes Texas

2) BYU mauls UT

3) Clemson in a squeaker over TAMU

4) WVU by a nose over Mizzou

5) Colorado breaks the Huskers heart on the last possession...pulling for the Buffs RB coach William Vlachos.

Bonus

1) Michigan handles Army
2) UNC wins an ugly one against the U
3) Maryland comes out of nowhere and smokes the cuse
4) SC prevails in another ugly one over Stanford
5) The Huskies cruise over Cal

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama

I usually suck at picking a bunch of games at one time, but I'll give it a go.

1) LSU @ Texas. I'm taking the Bayou Bengals

2) BYU @ Tennessee. Can....Never....Root....for......Tenn- give me BYU

3) aTm @ Clemson. Clemson in a close one.

4) WVU @ Mizzou. No idea. Flipped a coin, it came out Mizzou

5) Nebraska @ Colorado. Feels like I'm going out on a limb, but I'll take the Huskers

Bonus

1) Army @ Michigan. Michigan
2) Miami @ UNC. Miami
3) Syracuse @ Maryland. Maryland
5) Cal @ Washington. Washington

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
1) LSU. This team has a different feel and some really good athletes. Texas’ strength is passing and we have 3 future first round DBs (Fulton and Delpit in 20, Stingley in 22 - yes, he’s that good) starting. We are deep on the D line for a change and although we lost Devin White, we have quality depth a LB. this is our best defense since 2011. The offense looks to be solid and despite what OP said, Burrow is the 3rd, maybe second best QB in the SEC behind Tua and possibly Fromm.

2) Tennessee just because I want them to have some relevance

3) Clemson is going to roll A$M.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I have a feeling LSU and Twelvesee win.

My brain tells me Clemson wins, though my gut thinks A&M will have a shot at it. I don't see Clemson blowing them out unless they score fast, often, and early - build a 21 point lead in the first or second quarter and it's over. But A&M will come in confident after last year's showing, and Fisher is familiar with Dabo and co, and I can't ignore Clemson losing that DL.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The SEC really did have an uncharacteristic week, and this will really determine the direction of the conference as a whole. The SEC West is still ranked #1 according to Sagarin, but the SEC East is all the way down at #7 and could cement a lower ranking with losses to WVU and BYU. Come playoff time, this will matter when it comes to quality wins and the like, so I'll be pulling for the SEC.

I'm nervous about the four SEC games, but the one I feel best about is probably LSU.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The SEC really did have an uncharacteristic week, and this will really determine the direction of the conference as a whole. The SEC West is still ranked #1 according to Sagarin, but the SEC East is all the way down at #7 and could cement a lower ranking with losses to WVU and BYU. Come playoff time, this will matter when it comes to quality wins and the like, so I'll be pulling for the SEC.

I'm nervous about the four SEC games, but the one I feel best about is probably LSU.
While I’m pulling for aTm, have no lean for LSU-Texas, and kinda pulling for the Zou... I just can’t pull for Tennessee over BYU. Just can’t, won’t, and will never ever even if God allows me 10 more years pull for Tennessee.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
LSU vs Texas is a tough one to call. I think it will be a competitive, low-scoring game. I’ll go LSU 27 Texas 24.

My head tells me that Clemson beats aTm by three TDs. I don’t want that, but TL will probably have a huge rebound game from last week. Clemson 41 aTm 20.

Tennessee squeaks past a gritty BYU, but the albatross of GA State is there, perhaps forever.
Tenn 14 BYU 10.

Mizzou will show up big at home and take down WVU, 38-27.

Vandy and Purdue - both teams need a win if they are gonna hope to get bowl eligible later. Vandy needs it more though. I’ll say Dores 33 Boilermakers 30.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
I will remove my crimson glasses for a minute. LSU is the real deal and will prove it Saturday at Texas.They WILL be a handful for Bama in November you can bank that, they have tons of talent. . I just don't see A&M knocking off Clemson at their place. It may be close for a while but Clemson takes over eventually.Tennesee rebounds this week to knock of BYU if not, Pruitt's seat will start getting mighty toasty. The rest of them ahh who cares.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
I will remove my crimson glasses for a minute. LSU is the real deal and will prove it Saturday at Texas.They WILL be a handful for Bama in November you can bank that, they have tons of talent. . I just don't see A&M knocking off Clemson at their place. It may be close for a while but Clemson takes over eventually.Tennesee rebounds this week to knock of BYU if not, Pruitt's seat will start getting mighty toasty. The rest of them ahh who cares.
I will also add this nugget. It is going to be tough sledding to go through the SEC west undefeated this season. Would not be surprised to see Bama,LSU, A&M and Auburn beat up on each other this year some .I think we could see several games where team A beats B and C but loses to D but yet team D loses to C and B and so on. Just my opinion. Add to this a couple these teams play the Dawgs which certainly is rght there with the top west teams.Should be a very interesting October and November.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.