It’s “wow things are getting interesting” week in the SEC week. Who ya got?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

It’s “wow things are getting interesting” week in the SEC week. Who ya got?

Current Standings

1)Tusk-n-raider 2
    2) 81usaf92 1.5
    2) B1Gtide 1.5
    2) Tide Engineer 1.5
    2) DzynKingRTR 1.5
    2) HTTR 1.5
    2) Bamaville 1.5
    2)Uafan4life 1.5
    9) Isiah 63:1 1

1) LSU @ Texas. We don’t know much about either team but I have a feeling Texas has saved a lot for this game, and I’m still unsure Burrows and Oeaux have improved. I got Texas

2) BYU @ Tennessee- neither are good teams, but I feel Tennessee is a lost team and BYU is just a bad team. I got BYU

3) aTm @ Clemson. Since there are a lot on here that believe that aTm has a serious shot this game makes the main menu. I just don’t buy aTm at all. Clemson in a blowout is my pick

4) WVU @ Mizzou. Neal Brown gets his debut against a big boy program. As bad as Mizzou played against Wyoming, I’m reminded that Wyoming’s coach would be a Top 10 coach In FBS had he wanted a big boy job. Then again Neal Brown was going against a big boy program in the FCS in his first game so it wasn’t exactly the same as going against a low level FBS or mid tier FCS. Tricky pick but I’ll go with Mizzou

5) Nebraska @ Colorado- another tricky game but something is saying Colorado. I don’t know if it’s bias or just the purely the status of the Nebraska program. Colorado is my pick

Bonus

1) Army @ Michigan. Michigan
    2) Miami @ UNC. UNC
    3) Syracuse @ Maryland. Syracuse
    4) Stanford @ USC. Stanford
    5) Cal @ Washington. Washington

Who ya got?

Have fun
    Last edited by 81usaf92; September 4th, 2019 at 02:49 PM.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

Re: It’s “ wow things are getting interesting” week in the SEC week. Who ya got?

I'm like you. Clemson runs away with aTm. Not even close. I hope I'm wrong. I'll be yelling "Gig 'em!"

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Re: It’s “ wow things are getting interesting” week in the SEC week. Who ya got?

These are some tough picks this week.

1) LSU @ Texas. Texas I am just not buying that L8U has discovered how to beat a team with an offense.

2) BYU @ Tennessee- Twelveessee. I think they actually rebound and beat the cougars.

3) aTm @ Clemson. In my upsets thread I picked Texas A&M. After the idiotic comments I am tempted to change my mind but I will not. I am going with Texas A&M.

4) WVU @ Mizzou. Mizzou, although I am not feeling great about it.

5) Nebraska @ Colorado- another game where I originally picked the upset. Colorado is my pick.
    Bonus

1) Army @ Michigan. Michigan. I am really tempted to pick the upset, but just cannot do it.
    2) Miami @ UNC. Miami, but don't feel great about it.
    3) Syracuse @ Maryland. Syracuse, last week's Terp blowout was a fluke against a terrible team.
    4) Stanford @ USC. Stanford, but it will be a close possible OT game.
    5) Cal @ Washington. Washington and it won't be close.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation All-American Tide&True's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR2u View Post
    I'm like you. Clemson runs away with aTm. Not even close. I hope I'm wrong. I'll be yelling "Gig 'em!"
    I think Clemson will easily take care of aTm. This is tricky....if aTm were to beat Clemson or play them close then they will gain confidence for when they play us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "They've got a name for the winners in the world....they call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
    -Steely Dan

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

1. LSU @ Texas - Texas
    2. BYU @ Tennessee - BYU
    3. Texas A&M @ Clemson - Clemson, BIG. I think boredom could have been an issue for Clemson, and then the A&M lineman went ahead and ran his mouth. A motivated Clemson will crush A&M.
    4. WVU @ Mizzou- I’ll pick the Tigers at home.
    5. Nebraska @ Colorado - Buffaloes. Wherever Frost is supposed to take Nebraska, they ain’t getting there this year.

Bonus:

1. Michigan over Army
    2. Miami over UNC
    3. Maryland upsets the Cuse
    4. Stanford over USC
    5. Washington over Cal

BamaNation First Team GCtidefan's Avatar

I'm taking LSU over Texas. The Who's looked ready for prime time in their first game, and Texas is down to only 1 scholly RB.
    Also taking WVU over Mizzou even though I didn't see either one play this past weekend. Just can't imagine a team losing to Wyoming and beating the Mountaineers.
    I like the rest of the OPs picks even If I'm pulling for Army and the Aggies.
    RTR

BamaNation All-American

1) LSU @ Texas. - I think this is going to be one of those games that proves why the SEC is better than other conferences. Sure there are some bad teams but we have more top tier teams than most. LSU

2) BYU @ Tennessee- The loss Tennessee had this past weekend is going to really mess with there heads. Plus they're bad. But for some reason I think they bounce back an win this one Tennessee

3) aTm @ Clemson. - Look, if both QBs play like they did last week this game could be closer than it should be. Mond looked good and made some incredible throws. I can see how an upset could happen. On the other hand I think TL has a better game and I have zero confidence in picking Clemson to lose to a team I think we'd beat by 20. AND then that aTm player had to say they would win. All of that said and despite my better judgement, Texas A&M it is

4) WVU @ Mizzou. - Didn't watch the Mizzou game but heard Kelly Bryant did alright despite losing to Wyoming. Mizzou

5) Nebraska @ Colorado- Nebraska

Bonus

1) Army @ Michigan. Michigan - begrudgingly. They're going to get upset this year though.
    2) Miami @ UNC. UNC
    3) Syracuse @ Maryland. Maryland - Syracuse is overrated and I like Locksley enough and I always kinda root for UMD since I grew up in MD.
    5) Cal @ Washington. Washington -I want Eason to be better than Fromm

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

LSU Big
    BYU in a squeaker (you can't fix that in one week)
    Clemson (don't believe in Jimbo)
    WVU (is better than Wyoming)

Nebraska

Army
    Miami
    Syracuse
    Stanford
    Washington
    Last edited by CajunCrimson; September 3rd, 2019 at 05:44 PM.
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation All-SEC

1) LSU

2) BYU

3) Clemson

4) Mizz

5) Nebraska

Bonus

1) Army
    2) Miami
    3) Syracuse
    4) Stanford
    5) Washington

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

1) LSU crushes Texas

2) BYU mauls UT

3) Clemson in a squeaker over TAMU

4) WVU by a nose over Mizzou

5) Colorado breaks the Huskers heart on the last possession...pulling for the Buffs RB coach William Vlachos.

Bonus

1) Michigan handles Army
    2) UNC wins an ugly one against the U
    3) Maryland comes out of nowhere and smokes the cuse
    4) SC prevails in another ugly one over Stanford
    5) The Huskies cruise over Cal
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation All-American ccc2259's Avatar

I usually suck at picking a bunch of games at one time, but I'll give it a go.

1) LSU @ Texas. I'm taking the Bayou Bengals

2) BYU @ Tennessee. Can....Never....Root....for......Tenn- give me BYU

3) aTm @ Clemson. Clemson in a close one.

4) WVU @ Mizzou. No idea. Flipped a coin, it came out Mizzou

5) Nebraska @ Colorado. Feels like I'm going out on a limb, but I'll take the Huskers

Bonus

1) Army @ Michigan. Michigan
    2) Miami @ UNC. Miami
    3) Syracuse @ Maryland. Maryland
    5) Cal @ Washington. Washington
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

BamaNation First Team LSUgrad2BamaDad's Avatar

Re: It’s “wow things are getting interesting” week in the SEC week. Who ya got?

1) LSU. This team has a different feel and some really good athletes. Texas’ strength is passing and we have 3 future first round DBs (Fulton and Delpit in 20, Stingley in 22 - yes, he’s that good) starting. We are deep on the D line for a change and although we lost Devin White, we have quality depth a LB. this is our best defense since 2011. The offense looks to be solid and despite what OP said, Burrow is the 3rd, maybe second best QB in the SEC behind Tua and possibly Fromm.

2) Tennessee just because I want them to have some relevance

3) Clemson is going to roll A$M.
    "(The Campus Catholic Sudent Center) is going to be our legacy, Terry and I's legacy, that we're going to be as proud of as anything we've ever accomplished," -Nick Saban
    " I come in peace" -WSIV70 (my old user name)

BamaNation All-American bamamc1's Avatar

Re: It’s “wow things are getting interesting” week in the SEC week. Who ya got?

LSU is going to smash Texas at their place.