Joe Alleva on L8U coaching search

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Great article, imo. Not sure they didn't make the correct choice. As much crap as I like to give the Ogre, L8U looks to be improving...

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Improving how?
Better, more balanced roster. When O got the job, we had more kickers on scholarship than inside linebackers. Under Miles, we recruited high profile athletes and not enough in the trenches. O addressed that issue. We have a better staff and finally a change in offensive philosophy. I wish he hadn’t taken 2+ years to do that.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Not sure how good a HC Orgeron really is, but he is an excellent recruiter and I believe is learning to stay out of the way of his co-ordinators. I agree with Brad, I think LSU is an improving program and will give us all we want in November.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Good read. I think Orgeron has the program headed in the right direction. Will need some big wins, like this weekend, to push them to the next level.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
Good read.

The only real criticism is that there was no need to pay O millions, he would have done it for free. Perhaps they felt they needed to pay him a representative amount to enhance his prestige. Anyway I don't begrudge him his paycheck.

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
Do be fair to coach O, he has already beaten two top 10 Auburn teams, a top 10 Miami and a very mouthy top 10 UCF in the Fiesta Bowl. Granted all those teams were overrated, but they are still top ten wins.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.