JessN: NMSU preview: If Tide is focused, this could be the biggest blowout in years

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
NMSU preview: If Tide is focused, this could be the biggest blowout in years
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
September 4th, 2019 03:44 AM

Alabama has stuck to a system the past few years in regards to its out-of-conference schedule: one good team, one mediocre team and two bad teams every year. In 2019, the system’s compliance with earlier directives is in jeopardy. The 2019 schedule looks more like: one mediocre team, two bad teams … and New […]

Read More Here

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Put simply, the Aggies are awful. They’ve been awful for quite some time. They’re so awful, their last conference dropped themthe Sun Belt.

Interesting. If Tennessee gets any worse, can we drop them from SEC...:D

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Nice write up.

I want to see no injuries, a big win, and lots of 3rd stringers getting experience. I'd really like to see Taulia and Paul play a lot in the 4th quarter.

It's going to be around 97 degrees at the game. I hope all the players for both teams stay hydrated and don't get cramps, etc. Injuries seems to happen more when players are tired, etc.

I wonder how long the fans will stay (even with the student incentives) since it is going to be so hot??

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
I always enjoy your write-ups, Jess, even ones like this that must be hard for you to get enthused about spending the time one. I surely do hope for no injuries and lots of looks at the depth, though I do hope the OL starts settling on a starting line-up. However, that is a lot to hope for against this team.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Love your analysis Jess - always have. This has me wondering:

"Alabama couldn’t have picked a weaker opponent if it had tried. The Aggies are overmatched to a degree we don’t usually see here. The gap is worse than some matchups Alabama has had against Division I-AA opponents."

If we set the over and under at 75 on how many of our players saw the field this weekend, would you go over or under?

JessN

Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Love your analysis Jess - always have. This has me wondering:

"Alabama couldn’t have picked a weaker opponent if it had tried. The Aggies are overmatched to a degree we don’t usually see here. The gap is worse than some matchups Alabama has had against Division I-AA opponents."

If we set the over and under at 75 on how many of our players saw the field this weekend, would you go over or under?
Under, but just barely. Like, I'm expecting 70-72.

JessN

Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Bama beat Ole Miss 63-7 last year and 66-3 the year before. I doubt this game gets that out of hand.
If it doesn't, it will only because we took pity on them and turned the playbook off.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.