NW Spain Travel Questions
Thanks Thanks:  0 Like Like:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0
    FB|BB Moderator

NW Spain Travel Questions

Anyone been to Northwest Spain -- Galicia?

I'm particularly interested in the intersection of Rias Baixas wine and NW Spain seafood.

Mrs. Basket Case and I are considering a trip. Logistics look tough, but rewarding once you're there.

Any experience on the best way to get there from Madrid, London, or another main point of entry (Paris?)? Any experience with Spanish vs. English? Any other thoughts welcomed.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Re: NW Spain Travel Questions

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    Anyone been to Northwest Spain -- Galicia?

I'm particularly interested in the intersection of Rias Baixas wine and NW Spain seafood.

Mrs. Basket Case and I are considering a trip. Logistics look tough, but rewarding once you're there.

Any experience on the best way to get there from Madrid, London, or another main point of entry (Paris?)? Any experience with Spanish vs. English? Any other thoughts welcomed.
    I walked the last 114 km of the Camino with my brother. Flew into Madrid (huge modern airport), rented a car and drove to NW Spain. Beautiful countryside. Nice people. Great food (lost of seafood as you would expect). I was there in May which seems like the ideal month. Cool in the mornings in the mountains, but clear skies and warm (but not hot) afternoons. Had a great time.