NW Spain Travel Questions

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Anyone been to Northwest Spain -- Galicia?

I'm particularly interested in the intersection of Rias Baixas wine and NW Spain seafood.

Mrs. Basket Case and I are considering a trip. Logistics look tough, but rewarding once you're there.

Any experience on the best way to get there from Madrid, London, or another main point of entry (Paris?)? Any experience with Spanish vs. English? Any other thoughts welcomed.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Anyone been to Northwest Spain -- Galicia?

I'm particularly interested in the intersection of Rias Baixas wine and NW Spain seafood.

Mrs. Basket Case and I are considering a trip. Logistics look tough, but rewarding once you're there.

Any experience on the best way to get there from Madrid, London, or another main point of entry (Paris?)? Any experience with Spanish vs. English? Any other thoughts welcomed.
I walked the last 114 km of the Camino with my brother. Flew into Madrid (huge modern airport), rented a car and drove to NW Spain. Beautiful countryside. Nice people. Great food (lost of seafood as you would expect). I was there in May which seems like the ideal month. Cool in the mornings in the mountains, but clear skies and warm (but not hot) afternoons. Had a great time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.