Has anyone been following the Daniel Holtzclaw case? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 21 of 21
  1. #14
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Slocomb, Al
    Posts
    1,108
    Thread Starter

    Re: Has anyone been following the Daniel Holtzclaw case?

    Now that that's out of the way. Has anyone else checked out any of Michelle Malkins reports on this or went to Holtzclawtrial.com?

  2. #15
    BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Birmingham & Atlanta
    Posts
    18,031

    Re: Has anyone been following the Daniel Holtzclaw case?

    Quote Originally Posted by TUSCALOOSAHONOR View Post
    Did you happen to check out her investigative reporting on this case?
    I read one of her articles from Real Clear Politics. She did not make a compelling case. Perhaps her argumentative skills have atrophied after years of having her followers mindlessly lap up whatever nonsense she spews forth.
    This is the darkest timeline.

  3. #16
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 92tide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    East Point, Ga, USA
    Posts
    36,474

    Re: Has anyone been following the Daniel Holtzclaw case?

    Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    I read one of her articles from Real Clear Politics. She did not make a compelling case. Perhaps her argumentative skills have atrophied after years of having her followers mindlessly lap up whatever nonsense she spews forth.
    i imagine it must not give this dirt bag much comfort knowing that he has to rely on malkin getting people to listen to and believe her about his "innocence". the story doesn't seem to be taking root.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

    - George Orwell

    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

    ó Thomas Pynchon

  4. #17
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Atlanta 'Burbs
    Posts
    10,888

    Re: Has anyone been following the Daniel Holtzclaw case?

    Quote Originally Posted by TUSCALOOSAHONOR View Post
    What I was hoping for was an actual polite discussion on this. Was hoping that an effort would be put into this discussion. It is a shame that a place where people should be able to go to get thoughtful discussion on a subject are met like this. I could see if I was being argumentative that I would get a response like this but all I'm wanting is some research before commenting. Thanks for your input.

    I'll bite

    give me a single plausible reason that a middle aged, middle class black woman with zero police interaction or pressing matters would take herself to the ER at 3 am and report being pulled over and sexually assaulted? Please follow that up with a reason why Officer Holtclaw would, against policy and procedure turn off his tracking computer in the same area just before the incident takes place. Also explain how there is video of a police car pulling over this same woman, that was not reported to dispatch and did not have it's computer on and was also a very small subset (newer type of vehicle) than most other cars in that particular force and explain how that could be anyone other than Holtsclaw?

    I'll wait


    edit to add, it's been 4 hours I expected a Michele Malkin approved response by now would be easy to obtain, guess everyone is waiting for her to update her "reporting"

    edit to add #2, now been 24 hours thought we were going to have a polite discussion?
    Last edited by Jon; September 10th, 2019 at 08:27 AM.
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

  5. #18
    BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Gurley, Al
    Posts
    9,189

    Re: Has anyone been following the Daniel Holtzclaw case?

    I'll go to Holtzclawtrial.com and check it out. Love me some true crime stories. Thanks.

  6. #19
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 92tide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    East Point, Ga, USA
    Posts
    36,474

    Re: Has anyone been following the Daniel Holtzclaw case?

    Quote Originally Posted by seebell View Post
    I'll go to Holtzclawtrial.com and check it out. Love me some true crime stories. Thanks.
    you probably want to use a library computer.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

    - George Orwell

    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

    ó Thomas Pynchon

  7. #20
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Slocomb, Al
    Posts
    1,108
    Thread Starter

    Re: Has anyone been following the Daniel Holtzclaw case?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I'll bite

    give me a single plausible reason that a middle aged, middle class black woman with zero police interaction or pressing matters would take herself to the ER at 3 am and report being pulled over and sexually assaulted? Please follow that up with a reason why Officer Holtclaw would, against policy and procedure turn off his tracking computer in the same area just before the incident takes place. Also explain how there is video of a police car pulling over this same woman, that was not reported to dispatch and did not have it's computer on and was also a very small subset (newer type of vehicle) than most other cars in that particular force and explain how that could be anyone other than Holtsclaw?

    I'll wait


    edit to add, it's been 4 hours I expected a Michele Malkin approved response by now would be easy to obtain, guess everyone is waiting for her to update her "reporting"

    edit to add #2, now been 24 hours thought we were going to have a polite discussion?
    Sorry #worklife

    Explain how his DNA wasnt found on her and how one victim said it was a short, black officer? The victim being 5'11 herself and Holtzclaw being 6'2-3".

    Also thought , according to the DA, he was targeting people with criminal histories not a "middle aged, middle class black woman with zero police interactions "? Thought I read all of his victims had prior police interactions? Not trying to argue this point am genuinely wanting to know.
    Last edited by TUSCALOOSAHONOR; September 13th, 2019 at 07:17 AM.

  8. #21
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Slocomb, Al
    Posts
    1,108
    Thread Starter

    Re: Has anyone been following the Daniel Holtzclaw case?

    My issues with this case are the mishandling of evidence, the investigator's leading/coaching of the victims, and the victims lying/changing their stories. There is protocol and procedures for handling evidence so cross contamination doesn't occur. During the retrieval process those procedures weren't followed. I was just shocked at the amateurish nature of the investigation. I would want the police dept of my town to be a little more professional just to keep the chances of people going free who've committed crimes. The investigation was pretty much a clown show.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear