Link: **** 4* DL Jamil Burroughs Commits to Bama **** - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team

Re: Jamil Burroughs decommits from Georgia.

Jamil will be announcing his decision on Wednesday, October 16th. I expect the decision to be Alabama. Now, he will announce for Alabama, but his spot in this class will still be determined by grades. If he makes the grades, expect to see him sign with Bama. If not, Alabama will not allow him to sign, and he will move on to another team.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BirminghamBAMA View Post
    Jamil will be announcing his decision on Wednesday, October 16th. I expect the decision to be Alabama. Now, he will announce for Alabama, but his spot in this class will still be determined by grades. If he makes the grades, expect to see him sign with Bama. If not, Alabama will not allow him to sign, and he will move on to another team.
    I am wondering if we keep Smith and get a commitment from McKinley Jackson do we take Jamil even if his grades are good.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    I am wondering if we keep Smith and get a commitment from McKinley Jackson do we take Jamil even if his grades are good.
    McKinley has stated that he will not be deciding until the February signing day and the staff is okay with riding it out for him, but I think they will sign Jamil if he makes the grades. I don't think they would turn him down and potentially miss out on Jackson (who I believe has a strong chance of ending up in crimson) and have Smith flip then you miss on three of your top targets. Bama is also heavy on DE Alfred Collins out of Texas...big 6'6 280 DL who they really like...his top three is Bama, Texas, and Texas A&M...he was in College Station this weekend for their game against Bama.
    Last edited by BirminghamBAMA; October 14th, 2019 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by BirminghamBAMA View Post
    McKinley has stated that he will not be deciding until the February signing day and the staff is okay with riding it out for him, but I think they will sign Jamil if he makes the grades. I don't think they would turn him down and potentially miss out on Jackson (who I believe has a strong chance of ending up in crimson) and have Smith flip then you miss on three of your top targets. Bama is also heavy on DE Alfred Collins out of Texas...big 6'6 280 DL who they really like...his top three is Bama, Texas, and Texas A&M...he was in College Station this weekend for their game against Bama.
    Got it. So if we keep Smith and we take both Burroughs and Jackson it seems somebody (several) will be asked to look elsewhere with our current #'s. We have DL's Jayson Jones, Smith and Jai-Marien Latham already committed and wondering if we take 5 DL in this class after last years class.

BamaNation All-American

Got it. So if we keep Smith and we take both Burroughs and Jackson it seems somebody (several) will be asked to look elsewhere with our current #'s. We have DL's Jayson Jones, Smith and Jai-Marien Latham already committed and wondering if we take 5 DL in this class after last years class.
    I could see them taking 5 DL...………….can you ever have enough DL?

BamaNation Second Team

Jayson Jones also hasn't been the most solid commitment. Not saying he will definitely flip, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him flip. He has been taking visits and speaking highly of Georgia Tech. So...one can see why Alabama continues to recruit DL between grade issues, decisions in the air and two commits wavering amongst their targets and commits.

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keeter View Post
    I could see them taking 5 DL...………….can you ever have enough DL?

I’d take two that live up to their rankings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    I’d take two that live up to their rankings

I agree...………….5 that live up to their rankings would be like hitting the lottery

Jamil just committed to us. RTR and welcome Jamil. Now get your grades in order!

BamaNation First Team OakMtn4Bama's Avatar

Looks like he could clog up the middle. Welcome!

BamaNation All-American

Jamil just committed to us. RTR and welcome Jamil. Now get your grades in order!
    Excellent........ go get ‘em.

BamaNation Second Team

Looking at Clemson's DLine commitments so far.....how are we looking on those joing Burroughs.

Do we have a chance with Jordan Burch?
    Does Tim Smith flip to Florida?
    How's it looking for McKinnley Jackson?

Losing Alfano, just curious how the DLine will look. I know Clemson has had a dominant DLine and they look like they are continuing to recruit better along that side of the line. Have any of their big time DLine recruits crashed out or transferred?

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

Re: **** 4* DL Jamil Burroughs Commits to Bama ****

Welcome and Roll Tide Jamil!