Link: **** 4* DL Jamil Burroughs Commits to Bama ****

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Re: Jamil Burroughs decommits from Georgia.

Can you imagine the kind of story you could read if the light was turned on regarding major college football recruiting? I imagine it would make “Blue Chips” look like kindergarten class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

Of course it's not because he wants to come to Bama...it's because y'all backed off...right??? LOL...RTR!!!
I agree that he will commit to Bama. This has been in the works since May. For some reason we have backed off Jamil.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017

Exactly just like we backed off Evans it happens.
Agree. A lot of Dawg fans think we're going to flip Gervon Dexter from Florida. I don't see that happening. I think he's a Gator lock. Not sure who we'll get to replace Burroughs.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017

Of course it's not because he wants to come to Bama...it's because y'all backed off...right??? LOL...RTR!!!
You've got to embrace SEC fan rationale, baby. Spin doctors live all over the place! ;-)

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001

Talked with his mom today at her job. Super-nice lady. She just said he will go where God leads him. She was wearing a very nice Alabama football jersey.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

Hearing Jamil wants Bama and Bama wants him, but he has business to take care of in the classroom so the staff is holding off on accepting his commitment until they see improvement in that area. If he takes care of business there then we should see him hop on board.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

Hearing Jamil wants Bama and Bama wants him, but he has business to take care of in the classroom so the staff is holding off on accepting his commitment until they see improvement in that area. If he takes care of business there then we should see him hop on board.
Sounds good...……...go get 'em Jamil

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

Jamil will be announcing his decision on Wednesday, October 16th. I expect the decision to be Alabama. Now, he will announce for Alabama, but his spot in this class will still be determined by grades. If he makes the grades, expect to see him sign with Bama. If not, Alabama will not allow him to sign, and he will move on to another team.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Jamil will be announcing his decision on Wednesday, October 16th. I expect the decision to be Alabama. Now, he will announce for Alabama, but his spot in this class will still be determined by grades. If he makes the grades, expect to see him sign with Bama. If not, Alabama will not allow him to sign, and he will move on to another team.
I am wondering if we keep Smith and get a commitment from McKinley Jackson do we take Jamil even if his grades are good.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

I am wondering if we keep Smith and get a commitment from McKinley Jackson do we take Jamil even if his grades are good.
McKinley has stated that he will not be deciding until the February signing day and the staff is okay with riding it out for him, but I think they will sign Jamil if he makes the grades. I don't think they would turn him down and potentially miss out on Jackson (who I believe has a strong chance of ending up in crimson) and have Smith flip then you miss on three of your top targets. Bama is also heavy on DE Alfred Collins out of Texas...big 6'6 280 DL who they really like...his top three is Bama, Texas, and Texas A&M...he was in College Station this weekend for their game against Bama.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

McKinley has stated that he will not be deciding until the February signing day and the staff is okay with riding it out for him, but I think they will sign Jamil if he makes the grades. I don't think they would turn him down and potentially miss out on Jackson (who I believe has a strong chance of ending up in crimson) and have Smith flip then you miss on three of your top targets. Bama is also heavy on DE Alfred Collins out of Texas...big 6'6 280 DL who they really like...his top three is Bama, Texas, and Texas A&M...he was in College Station this weekend for their game against Bama.
Got it. So if we keep Smith and we take both Burroughs and Jackson it seems somebody (several) will be asked to look elsewhere with our current #'s. We have DL's Jayson Jones, Smith and Jai-Marien Latham already committed and wondering if we take 5 DL in this class after last years class.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

Got it. So if we keep Smith and we take both Burroughs and Jackson it seems somebody (several) will be asked to look elsewhere with our current #'s. We have DL's Jayson Jones, Smith and Jai-Marien Latham already committed and wondering if we take 5 DL in this class after last years class.
I could see them taking 5 DL...………….can you ever have enough DL?

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

Jayson Jones also hasn't been the most solid commitment. Not saying he will definitely flip, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him flip. He has been taking visits and speaking highly of Georgia Tech. So...one can see why Alabama continues to recruit DL between grade issues, decisions in the air and two commits wavering amongst their targets and commits.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.