Can Clemson Get as many as 10 - 5* Recruits?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'm sure this crap is true, and probably true at every major school as well.
Well, we know that an LSU booster paid one of their linemen $180k a few years ago because he testified to it in court and pled guilty to embezzling the funds used to pay him.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They done good to keep that pretty quiet. The kid played from 12-15.
I made my post here 3 weeks ago and it got no interest. $180k with a money trail and court testimony, but it won't go anywhere with the NCAA because the parents got the $$$, not the kid. The family will simply say that the player didn't know anything about it. Cam Newton defense.

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
I made my post here 3 weeks ago and it got no interest. $180k with a money trail and court testimony, but it won't go anywhere with the NCAA because the parents got the $$$, not the kid. The family will simply say that the player didn't know anything about it. Cam Newton defense.
LMAO!!! My dog ate it! It is crazy how the oldest excuses work.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Mike Slime really created a mess didn't he? It's reasonable to believe the kid went where his parents wanted him to. WHY did the parents get that money in the first place? (Why did someone go to Cecil's church and put $180k in the collection plate?) :rolleyes:

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Holy Toledo! Not sure how I missed that, but it sure looks like a lot more cash than a text book would bring me...
I did notice that LSU declined to comment on an ongoing investigation. Ongoing is interesting...
Yeah, they might not like the end result of that...………….obvious rules violations could make their lives interesting

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Unless his entire coaching staff is coming with him, you have no idea what you would be getting in Dabo.
That's my thought. If you get Dabo, do you get Venables and the rest. Clemson does seem to bring in the recruits, but they are in the ACC, which was really down this year so of course they look great. We are going to find out in a month or so how good Clemson really is. How would Dabo do if he was facing BAMA, LSU, Auburn, Florida, Georgia etc on an annual basis.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.