Rojas out for season with a knee injury?

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I just saw the article on 247sports. He seemed like a guy who would be a major contributor from day one. This is a big loss for the upcoming season.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Man... thats a tough blow for the young man for real. I hate to hear that for him. Im not going to curse cause i don't want to get banned, so I'm not. But you know what I would say if I could ... oh you know

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Every year! Do all schools suffer the same amount of major injuries as Bama? I don't keep up with many teams but only remember a few opponents each year that have had a player sitting out due to injury. With Alabama, I think it is every year.

I was glad that no one else left the team as all the transfers were taking place and it looks like it is a good thing for sure now. I was really looking forward to see what Rojas has to offer.

Last edited:

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I don't think we have a year without an injury since before Chuck Davis. I think Oats was counting on Rojas for rebounding and some scoring inside. Fleming and Smith will have to take up the slack. We may see a small lineup at times simply due to numbers. This can't help but hurt us to some extent. Fleming may be more suited to the style Oats wants to play a, but Smith will have to really pick up his tempo and conditioning.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Hate that we lost him but we should be fine at that position. The guys we have at that position has really made strides during the summer so it should pay off for the team.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
It's definitely a blow but not a season killer, however, I did figure Rojas would be a starter almost from day 1. He seems to be the perfect fit for CNO's system and was a JUCO all-American. I'm not sure any of the guys that will have to step up and take his place would be JUCO all-American. While I'm not ready to jump off the ledge we will probably lose 2-3 games that Rojas would have helped us win IMHO.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I just saw (a Tony Tsoukalas tweet) that Juwan Gary has suffered an ACL injury and is expected to also be out for the season.

If it weren't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all...

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I just saw (a Tony Tsoukalas tweet) that Juwan Gary has suffered an ACL injury and is expected to also be out for the season.

If it weren't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all...
You're correct about Gary, just tracked down the story to post. We still should be good though. Keep in mind CNO plays more of a positionless style of ball so it moreso hits or depth a lil bit. Hate it for the young man but trusting in a full recovery for him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.