Question: Do you think we will name the field at Bryant-Denny after Saban at some point?

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
Georgia is naming the field at Sanford Stadium after Vince Dooley this weekend. This got me wondering if we will do that for Saban at some point. For the last few years, I've just assumed we would, but now I'm wondering if we will do it while he is still coaching. Coach Bryant's name was added to the stadium while he was coaching and I believe Auburn added Jordan's name while he was coaching. I think they are two of only a handful of coaches who have coached in a stadium or field named in their honor.

There is a part of me that says we should do it while he's still actively coaching given that it is extremely unlikely he would leave and coach somewhere else at this point. Plus, he's certainly done enough to have earned the honor. Then there is that part of me that wonders if it should wait until he's retired.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I could see that, Saban field at Bryant-Denny stadium. That seems to be a trend now to name the field. I also expect Colonial Drive to be renamed Saban Drive.

clayboy166

Dec 11, 2008
Montgomery, AL
I think CNS has earned more than just his name on the field. If he were to win another ship, his name should be on the stadium. I'm sure the "powers that be" will make the best decision possible when that time comes. I would like to see it before he retires though.

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
If he wins a couple more National Championships, the name "Tuscaloosa" may be in flux. Sabantown has a nice ring to it... :wink:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.