Game Thread: Official PreGame Thread Bama vs. NMSU...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolltidewill92

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 11, 2018
2 racks of ribs on the smoker, ice cold beverages ready and praying we stay healthy. Side note, how in the world does tenn get the 7PM slot? Had 4 free tickets to the game today but didn't go bc of the 110 heat index, would've loved a night game to see the new lights.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Roll Tide! I will be at the game wearing shorts and a white shirt trying to stay cool. I do think that when the weather service issues a heat advisory ( with today's heat index of 105),. The University should just automatically change to a night game. They delay games for lightening and thunderstorms... This is just as dangerous.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Roll Tide! I will be at the game wearing shorts and a white shirt trying to stay cool. I do think that when the weather service issues a heat advisory ( with today's heat index of 105),. The University should just automatically change to a night game. They delay games for lightening and thunderstorms... This is just as dangerous.
Actually, far more dangerous. At least 8 times more dangerous.

According to National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), over the last 20 years, the US has averaged 51 lightning strike deaths per year.

According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), between 1999 and 2010, exposure to excessive heat was the underlying cause of 5783 US deaths (average 482 deaths per year), and a contributing factor to an additional 2298 deaths (192 per year).

And it’s believed that heat-related deaths are actually underreported due to the fact that the immediate cause of death is often secondary to the heat. For example, cause of death may be accurately listed as heart attack, when what caused the heart attack was heat exhaustion and/or stroke.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Television rules. Coach said on his show that he'd rather play all September games at night...

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
hopefully the game will go better than my bike ride did.
I had an accident. Broken elbow, sprained wrist, sprained shoulder.
Here's to hoping you have a speedy recovery and the TAggies pull it off against Clemson...and Bama puts up 50+.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
hopefully the game will go better than my bike ride did.
I had an accident. Broken elbow, sprained wrist, sprained shoulder.
Oh man sorry to hear it!

I'd offer to sue someone for you, but I defend against personal injury suits.

So the best I could do for a fellow Bama fan and good guy like yourself would be to not put a private investigator on you... :cool2:

Seriously though, hope your recovery is quick, and complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.