Question: Does Texas beating L8U mean the Longhorns are “Back”?

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Just wondered what y’all think.

Sorry Mods...didn’t see other thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL
Back to being pretty good—but perennially irrelevant within a championship contention context. Longhorn football baby.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'd say they are 3 wins from "being back"

Beat LSU
Beat OU
Win a CFP game

And then have the focus to not drop one they are supposed to win, which has been a big problem recently.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Texas is what Texas is: a perennially underachieving, always on-the-cusp of greatness program that should be elite year in and year out but always seem to step in it once or twice a year and only occasionally backs their way into winning something worth winning.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Just wondered what y’all think.

Sorry Mods...didn’t see other thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No.

A traditional power got that way by sustaining championship-level performance consistently over a period of time. If that power fails to live up to its tradition for a meaningful period of time (as Texas has), it must both win a championship that matters, and sustain that level of performance for at least two years to claim to be "back."

Beating LSU, if it happens at all, wouldn't accomplish either thing. It might serve notice that they have the potential to get themselves "back." But it wouldn't get them there.

After our post-Stallings period of darkness, we served notice of potential with the thrashing of Clemson in the 2008 opener. But we weren't truly "back" until we capped off a two-year 24-2 run by winning the 2009 SEC Championship Game. The ensuing Rose Bowl just cemented that feeling.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.