The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.... New Mexico State style:

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
The Good- Tua and Wr’s looked great. Starting defense is swarming. Glad to see Reichard nail the long kicks.

The Bad- stupid mistakes still abound that won’t cost us here but needs to be eliminated prior to SEC play (like block in back on Waddles TD return). Punter Delong kicked well, but still holds ball to long.

The Ugly- the OL...these guys look lost at times. Inferior athletes are blowing by. The looks like misreads on pass protections that DE’s to run free in our back field.

Last edited:

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Good: Very dominant performance even with lots of flaws

Bad: Need better Offensive line play and running back need to quit dancing so much (hit the holes and pound the rock)

Ugly: letting NMS score 10.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Good: My son got to see one of the few reasons to appreciate the heat in Alabama in person.

Bad: Hot as f

Ugly: 6 year olds cannot see very well from row 1 tickets purchased by his mom for Father’s Day.

(If you can’t tell, I was at the game and have no idea what actually happened at the game)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Good: OUR FG KICKER!!!! Dude keeps kicking like that he'll get a statue by Saban and Coach Bryant's. LOVED seeing those booming fg's!!!

Bad: Running backs for the most part ran very timid.

Ugly: The offensive line isn't a "problem" right now because it's early enough in the year that the excuse of "it's only the second game of the year" can be applied. But if it doesn't get a lot better by the second half of the season we're in trouble, if an SEC title and national title is the goal. As mentioned, they look lost and to be quite honest are getting physically beat at other times. Not a great combination. Let's just hope it gets fixed.

Last edited:

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Looked pretty empty...should've moved? RTR...
Good: My son got to see one of the few reasons to appreciate the heat in Alabama in person.

Bad: Hot as f

Ugly: 6 year olds cannot see very well from row 1 tickets purchased by his mom for Father’s Day.

(If you can’t tell, I was at the game and have no idea what actually happened at the game)

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
G- We won. We have great athletes all over the field.

B- We count on having better athletes to win instead of having great execution and focus. This team will win at least eleven games due to talent, but we still need to clean up a lot of errors and get back to whipping the other team on the line in order to win a national title.

U- Ut and Vandy- I almost want to feel sorry for the state of Tennessee.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Good: the emt staff and the public servants at the game. They had their hands full.

Bad: seeing so many passed out unfortunately because of the heat

Ugly: the heat ... thinking Eli said even tho the temps were in the high 90s the temps felt like they were in the 100s. My niece and I ended up leaving the stadium after the half so I could give her some reprieve.

I give our fans props for turning out to support and happy that we came away with a win under those conditions. Also happy the stadium made as many provisions as possible to help fans beat the heat.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
THE GOOD...... Tua, WR, looked good.
THE BAD......... Running game poor. We got to have better game before we play SEC teams.
THE UGLY........ Playing a game in extreme heat. Tough on players and fans.

Ggh4 bama

Jan 16, 2018
The good. Tua, wide outs
The bad.. Oline ? Najee & Robinson..
The ugly... Do we have a shutdown corner? Our DB's are letting receivers not only beat them but they are running wide open all over the field?

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
G- We won. We have great athletes all over the field.

B- We count on having better athletes to win instead of having great execution and focus. This team will win at least eleven games due to talent, but we still need to clean up a lot of errors and get back to whipping the other team on the line in order to win a national title.

U- Ut and Vandy- I almost want to feel sorry for the state of Tennessee.
This program continues to execute and focus better than most - they count on both talent and execution and focus. They are flawed, but the coaching is among the best. Yes, they typically have better talent and play to it - as they should. This is the greatest run in college football history and a few fans are foolishly blind to it. They deserve the frustration they feel.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
This program continues to execute and focus better than most - they count on both talent and execution and focus. They are flawed, but the coaching is among the best. Yes, they typically have better talent and play to it - as they should. This is the greatest run in college football history and a few fans are foolishly blind to it. They deserve the frustration they feel.
Who is? I know for a fact that it is the greatest run in football history, so I'm not blind to that at all. I wasn't aware that "they" felt any frustration. As I clearly stated, we are a good team. However, I merely mentioned that I don't see the great focus and execution that "the process" has brought in the past, and I am simply hoping that we can turn on the thought process of dominating the man across from you on every play when it matters. Anyway, have a good one.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
The Good - Tua and the receivers, Reichard FGs of 48 and 49 yards, 1st team Defense, no injuries.

The Bad - Still issues with the OL. Waddle TD return negated by block in the back penalty.

The Ugly - The sweltering heat.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Good: Tua, FG kicker, a win is always good
Bad: OLine, the fact that they scored at all
Ugly: what happened to me before the game. I am in a tremendous amount of pain.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Allright DKR...need some details...:bs_quesexclaim: on TideFans.com
Good: Tua, FG kicker, a win is always good
Bad: OLine, the fact that they scored at all
Ugly: what happened to me before the game. I am in a tremendous amount of pain.

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Good - Our coaching staff has done as good of a job coaching up all these young players to the standard of Bama Football we have starting & playing I seen under Coach Saban..Tua, Riddley & our WR's unit are playing as good as any in the country..Can't forget Will Reichard & his accurate cannon leg..Well done son & very proud of you.

The Bad & Ugly.. I'll skip cause we're simply going to make mistakes as our young players gets reps learning this level of football..

Last edited:

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Good: 28 players registering at least one tackle yesterday...Love seeing all those kids get out there!!!...and Will Reichard!!!

Bad: OL, but it's not panic time yet...

Ugly: Orange

The Good- Tua and Wr’s looked great. Starting defense is swarming. Glad to see Reichard nail the long kicks.

The Bad- stupid mistakes still abound that won’t cost us here but needs to be eliminated prior to SEC play (like block in back on Waddles TD return). Punter Delong kicked well, but still holds ball to long.

The Ugly- the OL...these guys look lost at times. Inferior athletes are blowing by. The looks like misreads on pass protections that DE’s to run free in our back field.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I have to say that I'm more concerned about the Defensive depth and pass rush.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.