Poll: Which Program will hire a new coach after 2 years worth of Buyer's remorse? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Who is the most likely to get canned after Year 2?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pruitt

27 33.33%
  • Taggart

50 61.73%
  • Kelly

3 3.70%
  • Frost

1 1.23%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American RammerJammer15's Avatar

Re: Which Program will hire a new coach after 2 years worth of Buyer's remorse?

All Taggart has to do is make a Bowl and heís safe. He may be another embarrassing loss away from being let go though.

UTea fans/admins are unrealistic about who they can get and if the season gets any worse, I could see them prematurely letting him go and go after Urban Meyer only to get embarrassed in the coaching search again.

I could see the Chip Kelly era ending after this season. I honestly didnít know his seat was this warm.

Scott Frost is to Nebraska what Harbs is to Michigan, heíll have to have 3 straight 4 win seasons for him to be let go before 2025.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    It's Taggart or Pruitt. Pruitt is in the lead right now because his team is 0-2. I do not see how they get to 5 wins. The team has to be absolutely demoralized by now. At least with FSU, they won and you had players jumping up and down and running around with excitement (even though it's foolish to have that against LA Monroe).

I think Pruitt is 100% done.

Taggart still has a chance to pull it together and get another year but I don't believe in him.

Kelly is at a school that doesn't have enough people that care. But if he goes 2-10, he's probably done.

Frost is going nowhere for 4 years at least. You don't bring back the last QB that won you an NC and fire him after 2 seasons no matter how bad it is.
    I agree...………..I think Pruitt will be back as an analyst, and UT will be in the dumpster for awhile...…………….I hope Bama rolls them

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

After next Saturday's date with UTC, Tennessee could lose their remaining 9 games which would be a 1-11 final record. Not sure they beat UAB, but give them the benefit of the doubt so 2-10. They are not going to beat UF, UGA, UA, MSU. USCe is a possible win, but if he closes out the season with 3 consecutive losses to UK, Mizzou and Vanderbilt I think he will be cleaning out his office. I think Frost is safe for a couple of years and Kelly I do not know or care. Taggert could possibly be shown the door before the end of the year.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Do Chad Morris or Kevin Sumlin deserve any consideration?

I think itís a toss-up between Pruitt and Taggart. One aspect might be the fear that Pruitt goes to UA as DC if heís canned, I donít know.

My suspicion? Taggart. But weíll see.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post

I think it’s a toss-up between Pruitt and Taggart. One aspect might be the fear that Pruitt goes to UA as DC if he’s canned, I don’t know.

My suspicion? Taggart. But we’ll see.
    Sumlin maybe, but I think Arkansas is far more patient with their coaches so I think unless Morris has less than 3 wins it is a safe bet he is safe.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation All-American

I think it’s a toss-up between Pruitt and Taggart. One aspect might be the fear that Pruitt goes to UA as DC if he’s canned, I don’t know.

If Pruitt went to UA, would he be a position coach, since Golding is the DC?

BamaNation Hall of Fame rolltide_21's Avatar

I do wonder if Fulmer had this in mind all along. Pruitt will be a great head coach someday, but I think he's in way over his head at Tennessee. Too many factors working against him. Fulmer hired a guy they could can quickly if need be and then he takes over as interim. They win a couple of games and he's back on the sideline for the Vols. I know it's a stretch but I would put it past him.

BamaNation First Team Tradition4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rolltide_21 View Post
    I do wonder if Fulmer had this in mind all along. Pruitt will be a great head coach someday, but I think he's in way over his head at Tennessee. Too many factors working against him. Fulmer hired a guy they could can quickly if need be and then he takes over as interim. They win a couple of games and he's back on the sideline for the Vols. I know it's a stretch but I would put it past him.
    I was thinking along the same lines as you. Fulmer brings in a guy in Pruitt who is known as an ace recruiter and an up and coming head coach candidate. Fulmer is banking on Pruitt stocking the roster with solid recruits, maybe thinking that if Pruitt flames out as coach, phatty can step in and "resurrect" the program. Maybe that was his long term plan from the get go...

Quote Originally Posted by Tug Tide View Post
    I would say a tie between JP and WT. For Pruitt it has to be uncomfortable to have Fulmer looking over his shoulder. Taggart I think is simply in over his head.
    UCLA is to apathetic to fire CK this quickly.
    Nebraska will give SF the hometown hero longer leash.
    I agree with you Tug Tide. If I could have voted for these two I would have so I had to settle for voting on Taggart.

Good point about Chad Morris. He is terrible at Arkansas.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar

What are Pruitt's and Taggart's buyouts? I'm not sure about FSU's situation, but I thought that Tennessee had budget issues in the AD.
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

At age 69 Fulmer ain't headed back to the sidelines, he has all the power and money he needs as AD. If he fires Pruitt before the season is over he will promote Tee Martin as interim HC since he is already on Pruitt 's staff. Jeremy should have taken a SunBelt type HC job to get his feet wet and after a couple of years move up.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    At age 69 Fulmer ain't headed back to the sidelines, he has all the power and money he needs as AD. If he fires Pruitt before the season is over he will promote Tee Martin as interim HC since he is already on Pruitt 's staff. Jeremy should have taken a SunBelt type HC job to get his feet wet and after a couple of years move up.
    If Tee started to tank, Fulmer wont have many places to turn to...…………..not too many coaches want to be put in that situation