Poll: Which Program will hire a new coach after 2 years worth of Buyer's remorse?

Who is the most likely to get canned after Year 2?

• Total voters

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Taggart is a goner. If they do anything less than 4-2 in the first half of this season, I could see him gone. Nebraska will give Frost more time than we might expect, but he deserves that, for his skills. Pruitt makes it through the year unless they go winless in conference, and or winless overall, which I don't see. UCLA just doesn't have the drive to hire a football and basketball coach in the same year.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
This is exactly why most everyone didn't like the idea of him going to UT. Yes, some didn't like him going to Tennessee because of the rivalry, but most realized what was possible with Fulmer as AD.
Yep. It's stunning to me, though it shouldn't be, that this could happen again. If he would do it to a Tennessee legend, Johnny Majors, he would certainly do it to Pruitt. In his mind, he probably thinks he is the only one who could get Tennessee back to prominence.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
This is exactly why most everyone didn't like the idea of him going to UT. Yes, some didn't like him going to Tennessee because of the rivalry, but most realized what was possible with Fulmer as AD.
I think he is more like Bobby Cox than Barry Alvarez in terms of downward movements in an organization. Granted i liked Bobby Cox finding a way back as the man, but everyone knew he was looking for the first chance to fire Russ Nixon to get his job back. I just doubt Fulmer would take the Alvarez temporary route in doing it.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
It is really difficult to do well at Tennessee, and it's not a place for someone to start their head coaching career. They need a Nick Saban or an Urban Meyer, but would such a coach come there? Is Tennessee even seen as a top tier opportunity anymore? The recruiting disadvantages there are very real. They either need an elite, established head coach, or they need Georgia, Alabama, and Clemson to implode. You could drop 1998 Fulmer into Knoxville, and he ain't winning championships there with Alabama, Georgia, and Clemson churning out top 5 teams every year.
this really is the key issue for UT. Pruitt would be fine as a head, but with the recruiting being dominated by Kirby and Dabo and Nick, and you could even throw Muschamp and Mullin in there, it's crowded. UT won't get back to prominence until one or more of those programs goes into the doghouse. Watch those Knoxvegas Devils: they will snoop the NCAA like they did back at the turn of the century.

Edit to add: I could see Fulmer railroading Pruitt NEXT season, with this whole year to try and get a Tommy Tuberville to come there, out of retirement. I'm sure he's talked to Peyton Manning about it, as well, even though it's waaaayy out in left field to hire him.

Last edited:

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
I do wonder if Fulmer had this in mind all along. Pruitt will be a great head coach someday, but I think he's in way over his head at Tennessee. Too many factors working against him. Fulmer hired a guy they could can quickly if need be and then he takes over as interim. They win a couple of games and he's back on the sideline for the Vols. I know it's a stretch but I would put it past him.
I posted this scenario in a different thread a few days ago. I think this has been Phat's plan all along.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
If you think about it, just beating All Bran again would probably be enough to save Pruitt's job. Unfortunately, the Cow Patties don't show up on UcheaT's schedule again 'til 2025 - about six years back to the day, if you're soothsaying, that Pruitt got the sack in Toxville.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I think you could easily have two gone this year. Most likely is Taggart, but Pruitt's seat can't be much cooler. I think both probably go, but Taggart goes first.

Do they care enough about football at UCLA to even know who the head coach is. Kelly probably gets another year, and Frost is Nebraska blood. They give him a chance to fix things.

FairlyAmazing

Scout Team
Mar 17, 2019
Taggert's mess is actually Jimbo's mess.

Personally, I believe Texas A&M will regret the day they jumped into bed with that character.

I think Taggert gets a pass for a couple more seasons.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I’d love to hear why? So that the ACC can continue to suck and Clemson won’t have to play anyone?

Got it...forgot you were a lake person...RTR!!!

Taggert's mess is actually Jimbo's mess.

Personally, I believe Texas A&M will regret the day they jumped into bed with that character.

I think Taggert gets a pass for a couple more seasons.

FairlyAmazing

Scout Team
Mar 17, 2019
I’d love to hear why? So that the ACC can continue to suck and Clemson won’t have to play anyone?

Got it...forgot you were a lake person...RTR!!!

As I stated.

This mess is Jimbo's.

It's my opinion that the powers that be at FSU understand this and will keep Taggert at this time.

As I also stated, I believe that Texas A&M made a mistake hiring that snake as their coach..................with that ridiculous 10-year deal.

I apologize. I thought my post was pretty clear.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
You were clear...easy path to playoffs...right? :Joker_PDT_53: on TideFans.com
As I stated.

This mess is Jimbo's.

It's my opinion that the powers that be at FSU understand this and will keep Taggert at this time.

As I also stated, I believe that Texas A&M made a mistake hiring that snake as their coach..................with that ridiculous 10-year deal.

I apologize. I thought my post was pretty clear.

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
I think the single biggest problem for JP is his QB. He is way to loyal to JG at QB and he is not a SEC level QB. With their WR talent a good QB could get that program 6-7 Wins this year. I also agree Fulmer's presence is a huge issue.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.