Poll: Which Program will hire a new coach after 2 years worth of Buyer's remorse?

Who is the most likely to get canned after Year 2?

• Total voters

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Taggert's mess is actually Jimbo's mess.

Personally, I believe Texas A&M will regret the day they jumped into bed with that character.

I think Taggert gets a pass for a couple more seasons.
I completely agree, Jimbo left FSU in a total mess. I'm not sure that FSU fans understand that, though. Taggert will probably still take the blame for what is going on, and it doesn't help him that he had no real success as a head coach before going to Tallahassee. The fans are still going to want his head.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

BamaInCummingGA

1st Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming, Ga
As I stated.

This mess is Jimbo's.

It's my opinion that the powers that be at FSU understand this and will keep Taggert at this time.

As I also stated, I believe that Texas A&M made a mistake hiring that snake as their coach..................with that ridiculous 10-year deal.

I apologize. I thought my post was pretty clear.
Man, the mess at FSU (Free Shoes U for those who don't know or choose to not remember) was going on way before Jimbo got there. That administration has been a hot steaming mess for a long time. A culture of no discipline from way back. If you're gonna chime in at least be honest about it.

Not just meant for you, FA. Meant for everyone on here who thinks Jimbo is solely responsible for FSU's woes.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
For the 50 that said Willie... collect your prize

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27999505/florida-state-fires-willie-taggart

Right now I think of the remaining.... None are likely but the most likely would be Kelly but he is on a 3 game win streak.
[/FONT]

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Willie will be a rich man. Fired after 21 games. It's only money.

Under the terms of Taggart's six-year, $30 million contract, FSU's athletic department will owe him 85% of his remaining compensation through Jan. 31, 2024, which is between $17 million and $18 million. The Seminoles also paid
Oregon a $3 million buyout when it hired him away from the Ducks in December 2017, as well as the remaining $1.3 million buyout Oregon owed South Floridawhen it hired him in December 2016.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Willie will be a rich man. Fired after 21 games. It's only money.

Under the terms of Taggart's six-year, $30 million contract, FSU's athletic department will owe him 85% of his remaining compensation through Jan. 31, 2024, which is between $17 million and $18 million. The Seminoles also paid
Oregon a $3 million buyout when it hired him away from the Ducks in December 2017, as well as the remaining $1.3 million buyout Oregon owed South Floridawhen it hired him in December 2016.
I just posted the same thing in the other thread.
$22+ million to clear out his office.

Heck, I'd go coach FSU for $5 million total for 21 games. Bargain.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Do Chad Morris or Kevin Sumlin deserve any consideration?

I think it’s a toss-up between Pruitt and Taggart. One aspect might be the fear that Pruitt goes to UA as DC if he’s canned, I don’t know.

My suspicion? Taggart. But we’ll see.
So what do I win???

FairlyAmazing

Scout Team
Mar 17, 2019
Man, the mess at FSU (Free Shoes U for those who don't know or choose to not remember) was going on way before Jimbo got there. That administration has been a hot steaming mess for a long time. A culture of no discipline from way back. If you're gonna chime in at least be honest about it.

Not just meant for you, FA. Meant for everyone on here who thinks Jimbo is solely responsible for FSU's woes.

I cannot argue with you on that.

Jimbo simply fit in perfectly with the renegade culture in Tallahassee.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.