Question: Who are your "Top 6" after Week 2? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Who are your "Top 6" after Week 2?

Does tOSU play Maryland this year? I can see that as an upset for them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    Boy the Eeyores love this thread.

You can only play who you play

We’ve crushed and dominated both.

I can’t rank them down because we are cherry picking parts of the game while ignoring others. This offense is plenty good enough to beat anyone. And this defense is light years ahead of OU and Ohio State And this team can outscore UGA And LSU.

AP compares teams to each other. Some of you are comparing us to perfection. And to be honest, that’s totally unfair.
    Lol.....First, this is all for fun, and we are all entitled to our opinions. Second, we’ve “crushed and dominated” a couple of cream puffs. Yay!!!! There are obvious, glaring weaknesses that a lot of us see, and I also think we are seeing the consequences of the two major injuries to Trey Sanders and Dylan Moses. Frankly, given that fact, I think it’s pretty generous to say that Bama, at this point, is really the third or fourth best team in the country—so maybe give some of us ‘eeyores’ a little credit. Shoot, you could reasonably argue that there is no difference between OU, Bama, and Ohio State at this point based on competition alone. The advantage that we have is the best coach of all time and how we will potentially develop our players through the season. But, RIGHT NOW, this is where I see it. Our staff either coach’s these guys up and we compete for another NC, or I could also see a 9-3/10-3 season if we don’t based on what I’ve seen so far.

Oh, and keep your eye on Maryland.....
    Last edited by deliveryman35; September 8th, 2019 at 07:36 PM.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDCrimson View Post
    Does tOSU play Maryland this year? I can see that as an upset for them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    same division, so yes.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Lol.....First, this is all for fun, and we are all entitled to our opinions. Second, we’ve “crushed and dominated” a couple of cream puffs. Yay!!!! There are obvious, glaring weaknesses that a lot of us see, and I also think we are seeing the consequences of the two major injuries to Trey Sanders and Dylan Moses. Frankly, given that fact, I think it’s pretty generous to say that Bama, at this point, is really the third or fourth best team in the country—so maybe give some of us ‘eeyores’ a little credit. Shoot, you could reasonably argue that there is no difference between OU, Bama, and Ohio State at this point based on competition alone. The advantage that we have is the best coach of all time and how we will potentially develop our players through the season. But, RIGHT NOW, this is where I see it. Our staff either coach’s these guys up and we compete for another NC, or I could also see a 9-3/10-3 season if we don’t based on what I’ve seen so far.

Oh, and keep your eye on Maryland.....

He gets mad everytime someone says anything slightly critical about Alabama. The far end of the sunshine brigade is probably worse than the far end of the eeyore brigade because they take things WAY too serious. They pretty much make pick the score threads unfun because if the number you pick is lower or higher than theirs then it’s a “ how dare you” response. Just look at the Clemson pick the score and good lord they were horrible when some were picking a close game. They don’t understand the idea of “just for fun”.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; September 8th, 2019 at 08:03 PM.

1. LSU
    2. Clemson
    3. Bama
    4. OU
    5. Georgia
    6. OSU

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    He gets mad everytime someone says anything slightly critical about Alabama. The far end of the sunshine brigade is probably worse than the far end of the eeyore brigade because they take things WAY too serious. They pretty much make pick the score threads unfun because if the number you pick is lower or higher than theirs then it’s a “ how dare you” response. Just look at the Clemson pick the score and good lord they were horrible when some were picking a close game. They don’t understand the idea of “just for fun”.
    So you guys are picking Bama 3rd, 4th, 5th for fun ? Oh. Didn’t get that.

By all means. Go ahead. Why not have more fun and predict 3 losses. Maybe finish 15th? 20th? That would be a hoot.

We are all entitled to opinions, sure

My opinion is that anyone saying we aren’t in the top 2 are doing so out of a desire to be dramatic and nothing more.

The best offense we’ve ever had. Ever. And we have people saying we can lose 3? With what some are calling our easiest schedule ever?

Don’t get it.

You can call it sunshine pumping. But if we all got to place a free $10,000 bet on who wins the NC this year, I bet you all would bet on Saban.
    Last edited by CajunCrimson; September 8th, 2019 at 08:21 PM.
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

By all means. Go ahead. Why not have more fun and predict 3 losses. Maybe finish 15th? 20th? That would be a hoot.

My opinion is that anyone saying we aren’t in the top 2 are doing so out of a desire to be dramatic and nothing more.

The best offense we’ve ever had. Ever. And we have people saying we can lose 3? With what some are calling our easiest schedule ever?

Don’t get it.

You can call it sunshine pumping. But if we all got to place a free $10,000 bet on who wins the NC this year, I bet you all would bet on Saban.
    Seeing how I picked Bama #2 behind only Clemson. Idk who you are talking about “you guys picking Bama 3rd, 4th, of 5th and calling for 3 losses” ,but it is definitely isn’t me. At least get your facts right before you lump folks into groups that you desperately want them to be in.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; September 8th, 2019 at 08:48 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

I would just like to know for those of you who wouldn't rank Alabama at least 2nd, or out of the top 4 entirely, because of the OL play, have you watched the other teams as closely to see their flaws?

We've got issues, but this is not a 9-3 team unless critical injuries occur.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Don’t get it.

No one of any serious reputation is disputing that we are a top 5 team at this point. Is that really eeyorish? I don’t think so. What you are doing is glossing over weaknesses and areas of opportunity to improve that MANY of us see. Be a cheerleader all you want—just identify as that. Many of the rest of us love the program just as much as you and the other cheerleaders on here do but at least try to be somewhat objective. And, again, let’s all remember this is just for fun and what uniquely binds all of us here together is our love for Alabama football.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation First Team LSUgrad2BamaDad's Avatar

1) Clemson, although I could see a misstep along the way. They would still make the playoffs at 12-1
    2) Bama, you have a great QB, a dynamic set of receivers, and a pretty good coach (blue font). Until you get dethroned in the SEC, you deserve to be highest ranked
    3) Oklahoma, but would love to see UT beat them
    4) LSU, if we beat everyone but Bama, we might get in the playoffs. That’s a huge if, the SEC schedule is brutal. The Texas win certainly helps our resume, especially if they win their league
    5) Georgia, I agree with the poster who said they look like they have taken a step back
    6) OSU for now. I’m not sold on Justin Fields yet

knocking on the door - ND. Ian Book is a solid QB and they have a good D
    "(The Campus Catholic Sudent Center) is going to be our legacy, Terry and I's legacy, that we're going to be as proud of as anything we've ever accomplished," -Nick Saban
    " I come in peace" -WSIV70 (my old user name)

BamaNation Hall of Fame theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama

Of actually who is the best and would win out?

Bama (yep I think we would beat them on a neutral field right now and yep we have some things to fix but so does Clemson)
    Clemson (QB is looking beatable but still very good, their defense is not the same as last year's)
    LSU (so far I have to give LSU the node -- Georgia has been slow getting out of the gate)
    Georgia
    Oklahoma - Ohio St (they haven't separated themselves yet)
    “I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games.” - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

BamaNation Hall of Fame theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by LSUgrad2BamaDad View Post
    1) Clemson, although I could see a misstep along the way. They would still make the playoffs at 12-1
    2) Bama, you have a great QB, a dynamic set of receivers, and a pretty good coach (blue font). Until you get dethroned in the SEC, you deserve to be highest ranked
    3) Oklahoma, but would love to see UT beat them
    4) LSU, if we beat everyone but Bama, we might get in the playoffs. That’s a huge if, the SEC schedule is brutal. The Texas win certainly helps our resume, especially if they win their league
    5) Georgia, I agree with the poster who said they look like they have taken a step back
    6) OSU for now. I’m not sold on Justin Fields yet

knocking on the door - ND. Ian Book is a solid QB and they have a good D
    Btw, LSU looked great last night. While watching it, I also remembered why everyone doesn't care much for Texas fans.
    “I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games.” - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

I can’t rank them down because we are cherry picking parts of the game while ignoring others. This offense is plenty good enough to beat anyone. .
    I'm no Eeyore...matter of fact I struggle with being too optimistic sometimes...but it's almost impossible not to "cherry pick" on the OL because they affect so much of the game.

They are struggling at the point of attack in the running game and they also are struggling with pass blocking. The scary thing with that is against some better teams that pressure will affect Tua's timing and accuracy at best and could get him hurt.