Question: Who are your "Top 6" after Week 2?

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
At this moment until I see a better running game and pass rush from the Tide, they are:

1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma (As much as I hate it!)
3. Georgia
4. Ohio State.
5. Alabama
6. LSU

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
At this moment until I see a better running game and pass rush from the Tide, they are:

1. Clemson
3. Georgia
4. Ohio State.
5. Alabama
6. LSU
Only team I haven't watched much of in those 6 is Georgia.

I honestly think you could draw 'em out of a hat right now and it would be pretty close to being as accurate as we can currently tell.

I will say the I think OU and TOSU look incredibly tough with their new QBs and the way they are playing. And I don't have a problem with Bama being #2 but I doubt we are currently the second best team in the country based on our OL play right now.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
1) Clemson - They HAVE to be here unless they lose or play just a terrible game(s) and barely escape

2) Alabama - Very fluid. I'm concerned about the OL and if they don't get better this spot will change.

3) L8U - On preseason based paper they have the best/most impressive win. Their Offense looks vastly improved

4) Ohio State - I've watched them and Fields has seamlessly filled the role of his QB predecessors running tOSU offense.

5) Oklahoma - If their Defense wasn't still a burning dumpster I'd rank them #3. Jalen, the RB's, and WR's are clicking.

6) Georgia - Jmho but I don't think they are as good as last year or the year before. Still they are VERY Talented.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
It seems that everyone agrees on who the top six teams are.
1. Clemson- It was a solid win over A&M, and the rest of their schedule is pathetic.
2. LSU- Winning at Texas was an impressive victory.
3. Bama- I think we are playing conservatively thus far, but I do hope to see our o-line start to move some people.
4. UGA- I also think they are holding back and not showing much so far.
5. OU- I think they are basically what they have been the last two years.
6. OSU- Like the others here, they have a lot of talent. We'll see if they can avoid the big surprising loss this year.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
1. Clemson shut down what many think is an improved TAMU team. With their schedule they already have one spot in the playoff. BTW they are pretty damn good.
2. LSU for right now. If they curb stomp auburn in Baton Rouge then they roll into T-Town undefeated.
3. UGA has maybe the best defense in the SEC, the best RB corps and an experience OL and QB.
4. Alabama until it proves its OL is for real and develops a serious running game. The defense has not been tested.
5. tOSU very solid team with no real challenge in the B1G.
6. Oklahoma, although in spite of having Jalen at QB they will not beat Texas. Their improved defense is yet to be seen.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

1. Clemson
3. Georgia
4. Ohio State.
5. Alabama
6. LSU
Pawl? That you?

“I fart in your General Direction”. ;)

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Boy the Eeyores love this thread.

You can only play who you play

We’ve crushed and dominated both.

I can’t rank them down because we are cherry picking parts of the game while ignoring others. This offense is plenty good enough to beat anyone. And this defense is light years ahead of OU and Ohio State And this team can outscore UGA And LSU.

AP compares teams to each other. Some of you are comparing us to perfection. And to be honest, that’s totally unfair.

Last edited:

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. LSU
4. Georgia
5. Oklahoma
6. Ohio State

Clemson will not move..easy road to #1 seed.

Alabama will have to get through LSU, Georgia...with Auburn and Texas A&M too.

The SEC teams have much tougher schedules because they play each other obviously. Clemson plays no one now...will have to get upset. Ohio State has a subpar looking Michigan.

Amazing how bad the ACC is these days.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Does tOSU play Maryland this year? I can see that as an upset for them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Boy the Eeyores love this thread.

You can only play who you play

We’ve crushed and dominated both.

I can’t rank them down because we are cherry picking parts of the game while ignoring others. This offense is plenty good enough to beat anyone. And this defense is light years ahead of OU and Ohio State And this team can outscore UGA And LSU.

AP compares teams to each other. Some of you are comparing us to perfection. And to be honest, that’s totally unfair.
Lol.....First, this is all for fun, and we are all entitled to our opinions. Second, we’ve “crushed and dominated” a couple of cream puffs. Yay!!!! There are obvious, glaring weaknesses that a lot of us see, and I also think we are seeing the consequences of the two major injuries to Trey Sanders and Dylan Moses. Frankly, given that fact, I think it’s pretty generous to say that Bama, at this point, is really the third or fourth best team in the country—so maybe give some of us ‘eeyores’ a little credit. Shoot, you could reasonably argue that there is no difference between OU, Bama, and Ohio State at this point based on competition alone. The advantage that we have is the best coach of all time and how we will potentially develop our players through the season. But, RIGHT NOW, this is where I see it. Our staff either coach’s these guys up and we compete for another NC, or I could also see a 9-3/10-3 season if we don’t based on what I’ve seen so far.

Oh, and keep your eye on Maryland.....

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Lol.....First, this is all for fun, and we are all entitled to our opinions. Second, we’ve “crushed and dominated” a couple of cream puffs. Yay!!!! There are obvious, glaring weaknesses that a lot of us see, and I also think we are seeing the consequences of the two major injuries to Trey Sanders and Dylan Moses. Frankly, given that fact, I think it’s pretty generous to say that Bama, at this point, is really the third or fourth best team in the country—so maybe give some of us ‘eeyores’ a little credit. Shoot, you could reasonably argue that there is no difference between OU, Bama, and Ohio State at this point based on competition alone. The advantage that we have is the best coach of all time and how we will potentially develop our players through the season. But, RIGHT NOW, this is where I see it. Our staff either coach’s these guys up and we compete for another NC, or I could also see a 9-3/10-3 season if we don’t based on what I’ve seen so far.

Oh, and keep your eye on Maryland.....

He gets mad everytime someone says anything slightly critical about Alabama. The far end of the sunshine brigade is probably worse than the far end of the eeyore brigade because they take things WAY too serious. They pretty much make pick the score threads unfun because if the number you pick is lower or higher than theirs then it’s a “ how dare you” response. Just look at the Clemson pick the score and good lord they were horrible when some were picking a close game. They don’t understand the idea of “just for fun”.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
He gets mad everytime someone says anything slightly critical about Alabama. The far end of the sunshine brigade is probably worse than the far end of the eeyore brigade because they take things WAY too serious. They pretty much make pick the score threads unfun because if the number you pick is lower or higher than theirs then it’s a “ how dare you” response. Just look at the Clemson pick the score and good lord they were horrible when some were picking a close game. They don’t understand the idea of “just for fun”.
So you guys are picking Bama 3rd, 4th, 5th for fun ? Oh. Didn’t get that.

By all means. Go ahead. Why not have more fun and predict 3 losses. Maybe finish 15th? 20th? That would be a hoot.

:biggrin:

We are all entitled to opinions, sure

My opinion is that anyone saying we aren’t in the top 2 are doing so out of a desire to be dramatic and nothing more.

The best offense we’ve ever had. Ever. And we have people saying we can lose 3? With what some are calling our easiest schedule ever?

Don’t get it.

You can call it sunshine pumping. But if we all got to place a free $10,000 bet on who wins the NC this year, I bet you all would bet on Saban.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
So you guys are picking Bama 3rd, 4th, 5th for fun ? Oh. Didn’t get that.

By all means. Go ahead. Why not have more fun and predict 3 losses. Maybe finish 15th? 20th? That would be a hoot.

:biggrin:

We are all entitled to opinions, sure

My opinion is that anyone saying we aren’t in the top 2 are doing so out of a desire to be dramatic and nothing more.

The best offense we’ve ever had. Ever. And we have people saying we can lose 3? With what some are calling our easiest schedule ever?

Don’t get it.

You can call it sunshine pumping. But if we all got to place a free $10,000 bet on who wins the NC this year, I bet you all would bet on Saban.
Seeing how I picked Bama #2 behind only Clemson. Idk who you are talking about “you guys picking Bama 3rd, 4th, of 5th and calling for 3 losses” ,but it is definitely isn’t me. At least get your facts right before you lump folks into groups that you desperately want them to be in.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.