Upsets for week 3

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Before Saturday I would have picked Syracuse but no way that will happen.

Iowa State over Iowa - I think Syracuse ruined Gameday's plans and now they are at this game.

Kentucky over Florida - I changed my mind again and going with the upset

Disclaimer: If all you want to do is disagree with my post with "none of those will happen", just don't bother posting. It is just pointless and I do not care. If you want to say no upsets at all will happen feel free.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I saw a tweet that said this is the first week since October 12, 2017 that features no ranked matchups. These are the weeks struggle wins and upsets happen.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Interesting possibilities:

Ohio State @ Indiana (11am kick) - Early game on the road, Indiana has given OSU problems occasionally.

Florida @ Kentucky (6pm kick) - Kentucky ought not be good but Florida might not be all that great either.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I feel pretty good about Houston pulling the upset against #20 Wazzu on Friday night. Game in Houston, Cougs have already been tested once in Norman. I’ll take the Cougs with a big night from D’Eriq King.

I’d give my right arm to see Stanford go on the road and beat UCF, but I don’t see it happening. Between a struggle win at home against Northwestern and then getting their doors blown off by USC, seems like Stanford is too far gone. Expect a lot of crowing out of UCF about how they own the PAC-12 and then they’ll treat beating a mediocre team as the win that legitimizes whatever garbage schedule they have the rest of the way.

Also I wouldn’t call for an upset, but I would consider taking the under on New Mexico @ Notre Dame. Haven’t seen the betting line yet, but ND will likely be looking past them and focusing on UGA all week. ND also has recent history of struggling at home against bad teams. I figure this will be a lower scoring game early with ND pulling away late, so if the line is 40+ I’d take NM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Disclaimer: If all you want to do is disagree with my post with "none of those will happen", just don't bother posting. It is just pointless and I do not care. If you want to say no upsets at all will happen feel free.
You have to admit this has been a very lackluster season thus far. That will change though. There have been no surprises except for LSU's sudden offensive surge. But in reality, I think this has been a bit overenthusiastic because LSU's offense has been very much non-existent for the last few years.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Before Saturday I would have picked Syracuse but no way that will happen.

Iowa State over Iowa - I think Syracuse ruined Gameday's plans and now they are at this game.
Kentucky over Florida - I don't think Kentucky is good, I just think the Gators are not as good as anyone thought they would be.

I don't feel strong about either of these. I am almost inclined to pick no upsets.

I don't think Kentucky will beat Florida. I just saw that Kentucky's starting QB is out for the season after tearing his patella tendon.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Keep in mind when pulling for the KY upset that they lost their QB for the year to injury.
Plus....IMHO, any SEC road game is never a gimme.

Kentucky is a very good team....but with their QB out for the season, things got a little easier for Florida.

Plus look at Franks' numbers from yesterday's game:

Passing: 25/27 for 270 yards, 2 TD's, and no interceptions

Florida's defense is fairly salty this year.....leading the conference in sacks with 15.

That said...I'm not doing any boasting about the next game with Kentucky....I don't want to vex the dang thing! Just sharing some info, that's all.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
.Plus look at Franks' numbers from yesterday's game:

Passing: 25/27 for 270 yards, 2 TD's, and no interceptions.
Maybe The Quarterback Whisperer has done his thing. Franks has been a bit of a disappointment so far. Big guy and athletic, but lacking something. Maybe he has turned the corner and will play up to the potential always had.
And the Gator defense is salty.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Maybe The Quarterback Whisperer has done his thing. Franks has been a bit of a disappointment so far. Big guy and athletic, but lacking something. Maybe he has turned the corner and will play up to the potential always had.
And the Gator defense is salty.
I truly hope so, TW. Personally, I don't think Franks has "it" but would love to be proven wrong. He does seem to be improving so we'll see what happens. This week will tell us even more, I guess.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.