Game Thread: Alabama players in the NFL 2019

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Ridley had a great touchdown catch today. Julio was kept in check for most of the game. The Falcons were the Falcons though.

Derrick Henry had a good day but his team lost too.

Josh Jacobs had a huge day scoring 2 touchdowns and rushing for over 100 yards

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Ridley had a great touchdown catch today. Julio was kept in check for most of the game. The Falcons were the Falcons though.

Derrick Henry had a good day but his team lost too.

Josh Jacobs had a huge day scoring 2 touchdowns and rushing for over 100 yards
The Falcons are one of the most frustrating teams to watch ever. There is talent all over the place, it just doesn't "go". Is it Matt Ryan? Is it coaching/scheme? Ryan checked down to RBs SO many times today. I find it hard to believe that none of the WRs were open on all of those plays. I understand that the defense has its problems, but the o-line appears to struggle and may be the root cause on offense. I think that makes Ryan gets hurried in the pocket and not let plays develop therefore make bad decisions . Maybe I answered my own question.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Amari Cooper, 11 catches, 226 yards and 1 TD - game not over yet. :eek2:

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
As of today three of the top 11 RBs for total yards rushing this season are former Crimson Tiders.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'm really dreading Tua going there. How do they rebuild that team any sooner than 2 or 3 seasons? Wasted years for his career.
My biggest concern is that their o-line is terrible. Not that Tua needs a ton of time - he will have one of the fastest releases in the NFL when he gets there. But he is going to get hit way too often. That is the kind of thing that ends QB careers, no matter their size. Look at Andrew Luck. Very big, tough, mobile QB whose career is already over because he played behind a terrible o-line.

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
My biggest concern is that their o-line is terrible. Not that Tua needs a ton of time - he will have one of the fastest releases in the NFL when he gets there. But he is going to get hit way too often. That is the kind of thing that ends QB careers, no matter their size. Look at Andrew Luck. Very big, tough, mobile QB whose career is already over because he played behind a terrible o-line.
I guess we can keep our fingers crossed that they fall in love with one of the other projected first round guys. Wouldn’t be the worst thing to happen to him to land somewhere else.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Or he could state that he won’t sign with them. Can’t say it hasn’t happened before.
I guess we can keep our fingers crossed that they fall in love with one of the other projected first round guys. Wouldn’t be the worst thing to happen to him to land somewhere else.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
The thing is who else is going to draft Tua that is any better? The Bengals and Redskins are arguably worse run than the Dolphins.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.