All time wins - Bama could move up a couple of spots this year

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Seeing as how the NCAA record book is filled with discrepancy, capricious and arbitrary rulings of forfeiture and vacancy, I prefer the record book of 'on the field' results which shows Bama with 936 wins. Our boys fought too hard for every one of those wins for me to allow the NCAA to declare them void.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
It’s not counting the vacated games.
That's the amazing thing. We've passed several teams since Coach Saban took over, despite the missing wins. The ones from the textbook ordeal are particularly egregious. Still, the #3 spot is in sight. I don't see Ohio State losing much ground from our vantage point today. I can remember a time when Notre Dame, Nebraska, Penn State, and Oklahoma were all in front of us as mediocrity took over from 1997 to 2006. Of course, I also remember a time, before the sanctions of 1993, when we were a solid #3 in wins and winning percentage behind only Michigan and Notre Dame.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
It’s not counting the vacated games.
Well basically from 2010-now Texas is lost a lot of ground. Nebraska has really fallen far. OU has lost a few more games here and there and not played in as many due to lack of CCG. Actually since 2000, OU has only had just one 13-win season. Heck Notre Dame has lost a lot of games since 2000. Going into 2000, it was Michigan #1, Notre Dame #2, and Alabama and Texas ties for #3 in all time wins.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
On the field Bama has 936 wins. 2nd all-time. 21 wins vacated for that stupid textbook scandal. 8 wins and a tie forfieted because the athletic department mishandled that Antonio Langham delared for the draft , and supposedly signed with an agent (on a napkin)... then returned for another season.

My pet pieve.... Bama should just reclaim the vacated wins. ( Nebraska did the same thing with textbooks with no wins vacated).

Anyway....on the field....Bama in number 2 in wins and number 1 in winning percentage.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
On the field Bama has 936 wins. 2nd all-time. 21 wins vacated for that stupid textbook scandal. 8 wins and a tie forfieted because the athletic department mishandled that Antonio Langham delared for the draft , and supposedly signed with an agent (on a napkin)... then returned for another season.

My pet pieve.... Bama should just reclaim the vacated wins. ( Nebraska did the same thing with textbooks with no wins vacated).

Anyway....on the field....Bama in number 2 in wins and number 1 in winning percentage.
That was a ridiculous penalty. How did selling textbooks give us a competive advantage...? :cool2:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

EnterBama

Scout Team
Oct 24, 2018
Just imagine how "dominant" we'd be on this list if we had roughly 130 more games (averaging just 10 games a year) on other teams???
In the 1890's we only played around 4 games. One year we only played 1 and we didn't field a team in 1898. I don't think we started playing around 10 games regularly until the 1920's.

Still, with 13 more years and our vacated wins we'd be well ahead of Michigan.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.