crashed on my bike...again

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I never realized how much I do with either hand until I am restricted to just one. It becomes very clear I am not 100% ambidextrous.
Oh, you're ambidextrous, all right, as I am. It's a matter of degree. The only thing I do regularly both ways is bat at the plate. My average is better left-handed, but I have more power right-handed. I really wish I'd learned to play golf left handed...

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
it changes nothing. I texted my future boss, he said to not give it another thought. Insurance is going to be my only issue.
That's cool. One handed Revit is difficult.

My business partner's son was an architect at one of those firms in ATL that does international hotels. He got caught up in the big purge of 2008/2009 though.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

My business partner's son was an architect at one of those firms in ATL that does international hotels. He got caught up in the big purge of 2008/2009 though.
my buddy got out of architecting during the same purge. he now lives in asheville making custom high end furniture.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Yes one handed Revit is difficult, but I managed it after the last accident.

my buddy got out of architecting during the same purge. he now lives in asheville making custom high end furniture.
most of my class got out too.
Architects had the highest unemployment rate of any white collar profession during the great recession.
Yes it did. It was really bad. I jus don't know how to do anything else.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Man this maybe a sign you need to retire the bike riding. I used to ride a motorcycle to class. After about the tenth time of almost being hit either on the road or in the parking lot of the school. I figured it was time.
i had enough close calls that i pretty much quit road biking long ago. the other day, i rode my bike 5 miles each way, mostly through neighborhoods, to a local trail. i almost got hit twice by folks not really paying attention in the same stretch between neighborhoods. on the good side, this stretch is due to get bike paths in the first phase of the city's connectivity plan.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
If you have read the football board, I alluded to this a couple of times. No car hit me this time. I crashed without getting hit by something. I was going downhill very fast. A man was walking his little runt of a dog (in the road by the way). his Yorkie runt of a dog decided to dart in front of me. I swerved and braked hard. I went over the handlebars and slammed and bounced down the hill. I went to urgent care, they only did X-rays. Broken elbow, sprained wrist and injured shoulder. I have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow morning. Probably need an MRI. I am not in pain if I just sit still. It is when I move when it hurts a lot. Mainly in my shoulder. It is my right arm this time.
Hey man, just saw your reference to tough week in the gameday thread and went searching for what happened. Very sorry to hear about your crash. Given the idiots that drive around here I'm surprised any bikers ever ride on the road. (I've also seen plenty of idiot bike riders who swerve in / out of traffic and come out of nowhere, too). I've also seen plenty of dog-walking-in-the-road idiots, too. What's wrong with people? Common sense is a superpower!

Silver Comet Trail might be a better choice ;) ... I know it's more my speed! :D

Anyway, Godspeed to you and hope all heals properly and quickly!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.