crashed on my bike...again

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
If you have read the football board, I alluded to this a couple of times. No car hit me this time. I crashed without getting hit by something. I was going downhill very fast. A man was walking his little runt of a dog (in the road by the way). his Yorkie runt of a dog decided to dart in front of me. I swerved and braked hard. I went over the handlebars and slammed and bounced down the hill. I went to urgent care, they only did X-rays. Broken elbow, sprained wrist and injured shoulder. I have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow morning. Probably need an MRI. I am not in pain if I just sit still. It is when I move when it hurts a lot. Mainly in my shoulder. It is my right arm this time.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Dang. I’m still not sure if you’re safer in car where you live though. I’m glad you’re relatively ok.

Speedy recovery and we can start a gofundme for a bubble wrap suit for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Dang. I’m still not sure if you’re safer in car where you live though. I’m glad you’re relatively ok.

Speedy recovery and we can start a gofundme for a bubble wrap suit for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks, somehow I think I would find a way to hurt myself even in bubble wrap. hopefully the MRI, will show no damage and I will be ok in 6 weeks.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
You know, DzynKing, maybe biking is just not your game. I know, lets have a spelling contest.

Seriously though, hopes for a speedy and full recovery!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Thanks for not hitting the little doggie, Design!

OK - just kidding - but seriously as bad as it is, we both know it could have been worse.

We have a trail path here that was just built and it's 11 feet wide and goes through the country. No cars or people walking dogs just wildlife once in a while (gators, snakes, etc...nothing too bad).

Hoping for a quick recovery!

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I hope this doesn’t affect your new job. Are you right handed?

I hate this for you, DK. I saw it in the pre-game thread. Here’s to a speedy recovery.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I hope this doesn’t affect your new job. Are you right handed?

I hate this for you, DK. I saw it in the pre-game thread. Here’s to a speedy recovery.
I am cross dominate. Basically I do most things lefty and a few things I am ambidextrous. I write, sign my name, hold a mouse exclusively righty. I am currently using a mouse lefty and not having an issue. I have tried writing, it is not going well.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
If you have read the football board, I alluded to this a couple of times. No car hit me this time. I crashed without getting hit by something. I was going downhill very fast. A man was walking his little runt of a dog (in the road by the way). his Yorkie runt of a dog decided to dart in front of me. I swerved and braked hard. I went over the handlebars and slammed and bounced down the hill. I went to urgent care, they only did X-rays. Broken elbow, sprained wrist and injured shoulder. I have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow morning. Probably need an MRI. I am not in pain if I just sit still. It is when I move when it hurts a lot. Mainly in my shoulder. It is my right arm this time.
Look at it this way: it will be easier for you to keep a poker face at work now. :D

Really do hope you mend up soon.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I am cross dominate. Basically I do most things lefty and a few things I am ambidextrous. I write, sign my name, hold a mouse exclusively righty. I am currently using a mouse lefty and not having an issue. I have tried writing, it is not going well.
Sounds like you are the same kind of ambidextrous I am, not necessarily good. When I had left carpal tunnel surgery, I found that the things I did left handed, I couldn't do very well right. I'm now facing the right hand surgery, wearing a splint at night to put it off. I can sign left handed, but more than that is a real chore. I have one client, well into her 80s who was perfectly ambidextrous. She is still an avid tennis player with two forehands. I had one job I did for her with a stack of documents for signature. She would sign for a while right-handed and then flip and sign left-handed... :)

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Sounds like you are the same kind of ambidextrous I am, not necessarily good. When I had left carpal tunnel surgery, I found that the things I did left handed, I couldn't do very well right. I'm now facing the right hand surgery, wearing a splint at night to put it off. I can sign left handed, but more than that is a real chore. I have one client, well into her 80s who was perfectly ambidextrous. She is still an avid tennis player with two forehands. I had one job I did for her with a stack of documents for signature. She would sign for a while right-handed and then flip and sign left-handed... :)
I never realized how much I do with either hand until I am restricted to just one. It becomes very clear I am not 100% ambidextrous.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.