crashed on my bike...again
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

crashed on my bike...again

If you have read the football board, I alluded to this a couple of times. No car hit me this time. I crashed without getting hit by something. I was going downhill very fast. A man was walking his little runt of a dog (in the road by the way). his Yorkie runt of a dog decided to dart in front of me. I swerved and braked hard. I went over the handlebars and slammed and bounced down the hill. I went to urgent care, they only did X-rays. Broken elbow, sprained wrist and injured shoulder. I have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow morning. Probably need an MRI. I am not in pain if I just sit still. It is when I move when it hurts a lot. Mainly in my shoulder. It is my right arm this time.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Re: crashed on my bike...again

Dang. Iím still not sure if youíre safer in car where you live though. Iím glad youíre relatively ok.

Speedy recovery and we can start a gofundme for a bubble wrap suit for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    Dang. I’m still not sure if you’re safer in car where you live though. I’m glad you’re relatively ok.

Speedy recovery and we can start a gofundme for a bubble wrap suit for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thanks, somehow I think I would find a way to hurt myself even in bubble wrap. hopefully the MRI, will show no damage and I will be ok in 6 weeks.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation All-American

You know, DzynKing, maybe biking is just not your game. I know, lets have a spelling contest.

Seriously though, hopes for a speedy and full recovery!

Thanks for not hitting the little doggie, Design!

OK - just kidding - but seriously as bad as it is, we both know it could have been worse.

We have a trail path here that was just built and it's 11 feet wide and goes through the country. No cars or people walking dogs just wildlife once in a while (gators, snakes, etc...nothing too bad).

Hoping for a quick recovery!
    "Old dog - new tricks"

BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar

I hope this doesn’t affect your new job. Are you right handed?

I hate this for you, DK. I saw it in the pre-game thread. Here’s to a speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Bama View Post
    I hope this doesn’t affect your new job. Are you right handed?

I hate this for you, DK. I saw it in the pre-game thread. Here’s to a speedy recovery.
    I am cross dominate. Basically I do most things lefty and a few things I am ambidextrous. I write, sign my name, hold a mouse exclusively righty. I am currently using a mouse lefty and not having an issue. I have tried writing, it is not going well.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar

Are you trying to catch Earle for most injuries and surgeries? I admire your effort, but you'll never dethrone the king.
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    If you have read the football board, I alluded to this a couple of times. No car hit me this time. I crashed without getting hit by something. I was going downhill very fast. A man was walking his little runt of a dog (in the road by the way). his Yorkie runt of a dog decided to dart in front of me. I swerved and braked hard. I went over the handlebars and slammed and bounced down the hill. I went to urgent care, they only did X-rays. Broken elbow, sprained wrist and injured shoulder. I have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow morning. Probably need an MRI. I am not in pain if I just sit still. It is when I move when it hurts a lot. Mainly in my shoulder. It is my right arm this time.
    Look at it this way: it will be easier for you to keep a poker face at work now.

Really do hope you mend up soon.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

full endo's suck.

i hope you at least got style points

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Maybe more like this?

All kidding aside, hope you're OK.
    Last edited by Bamaro; September 9th, 2019 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    I am cross dominate. Basically I do most things lefty and a few things I am ambidextrous. I write, sign my name, hold a mouse exclusively righty. I am currently using a mouse lefty and not having an issue. I have tried writing, it is not going well.
    Sounds like you are the same kind of ambidextrous I am, not necessarily good. When I had left carpal tunnel surgery, I found that the things I did left handed, I couldn't do very well right. I'm now facing the right hand surgery, wearing a splint at night to put it off. I can sign left handed, but more than that is a real chore. I have one client, well into her 80s who was perfectly ambidextrous. She is still an avid tennis player with two forehands. I had one job I did for her with a stack of documents for signature. She would sign for a while right-handed and then flip and sign left-handed...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

ďI would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.Ē Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

For the record, I was probably going 25+ miles/hr when I slammed into the ground.

Roll Tide Roll