Alabama: Latest Bama News 9/9/2019 Thru 9/15/2019

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Please know that you have a big family all here for you if you need us. Please don’t hesitate to reach out. Thank you for letting us know. We always wish we had one more day. But I’m so glad you had 53 amazing years with your soul mate. That is a blessing

Roll Tide my friend. God Bless.

UAllday

3rd Team
Jan 17, 2018
So sorry to hear, time is the one thing you can't get enough of, but 53 years is quite the blessing. Prayers.
I like the natural burial.

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
[FONT="][COLOR=windowtext][B][FONT=Calibri]I lost the love of my life my soul mate of 53 years, 52 married - Nancy. I was blessed to know her at all! She passed away this morning at 2:15am ET. My son and I were both there with her, she was at peace. That Monday morning, we had her moved from the CCU to palliative care, according to her wishes. And as I said she passed away Tuesday at 2:15am. We spent an hour or so with Nancy, and then called [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Maraman[/FONT][FONT=Calibri]-Billings Funeral Home in Shepherdsville Ky., because they have a small section that allows natural burial, which is no embalming and no concrete vault - simply returning the body to the dust from which God formed man, while the soul returns to its Maker. We purchased 2 gravesites 3 or 4 [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]yrs[/FONT][FONT=Calibri] ago at a private cemetery, which does not have to conform to Ky law and virtually all the states.

[/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]Nancy died 7 weeks from the day she was diagnosed. At first, I was upset with the unfairness of it, because she was the kindest, sweetest, most loving and giving person, who spread love and understanding to many righteous persons, and that doesn't even cover it. In the end I thanked God for that because she didn't suffer pain or agony at all, and one of the metastasized sites was bone cancer, which most people in stage 4 have agony. She also had right lung and stomach cancer. My son and I are exhausted. We got home at 5 am, then I got up at 8:35 to clean up, receive visitors and make phone calls, and funeral arrangements, after 4 endless days with little sleep. My heart is broken, and a great part of me died with her. Guys I won’t post any more this week, I'll take down this thread soon, and maybe somehow post the LBN 9/23.
[/FONT]
I am sorry for you loss. I lost my wife of 39 years almost 6 years ago. She went through a short illness and died of meningitis only 2 days after it was diagnosed. I was glad she didn't have to suffer long though. I'm glad you have your son go lean on. My prayers are with you during this trying time.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
[FONT="][COLOR=windowtext][B][FONT=Calibri]I lost the love of my life my soul mate of 53 years, 52 married - Nancy. I was blessed to know her at all! She passed away this morning at 2:15am ET. My son and I were both there with her, she was at peace. That Monday morning, we had her moved from the CCU to palliative care, according to her wishes. And as I said she passed away Tuesday at 2:15am. We spent an hour or so with Nancy, and then called [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Maraman[/FONT][FONT=Calibri]-Billings Funeral Home in Shepherdsville Ky., because they have a small section that allows natural burial, which is no embalming and no concrete vault - simply returning the body to the dust from which God formed man, while the soul returns to its Maker. We purchased 2 gravesites 3 or 4 [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]yrs[/FONT][FONT=Calibri] ago at a private cemetery, which does not have to conform to Ky law and virtually all the states.

[/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]Nancy died 7 weeks from the day she was diagnosed. At first, I was upset with the unfairness of it, because she was the kindest, sweetest, most loving and giving person, who spread love and understanding to many righteous persons, and that doesn't even cover it. In the end I thanked God for that because she didn't suffer pain or agony at all, and one of the metastasized sites was bone cancer, which most people in stage 4 have agony. She also had right lung and stomach cancer. My son and I are exhausted. We got home at 5 am, then I got up at 8:35 to clean up, receive visitors and make phone calls, and funeral arrangements, after 4 endless days with little sleep. My heart is broken, and a great part of me died with her. Guys I won’t post any more this week, I'll take down this thread soon, and maybe somehow post the LBN 9/23.
[/FONT]
I'm sorry for your loss. Words can't express the pain you must be feeling.
Know that we will be praying for you and the rest of your family.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Kyallie, Thankful to hear you had such a gracious wife, and such a wonderful relationship. It 's a great encouragement to hear it. Makes for a terrible separation, though. And you have some hard days apart, but many praying for you, including me.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

[/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT]
i am so sorry to hear about your loss. god's peace to you and your son.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
I am so sorry to hear this. I was hoping for recovery for her. From what you have said, it sounds like she is in great hands with THE maker. I will be praying for you and your son that God will give healing to your broken hearts. Hang in there AL. Like Canjun said, you have a family here and we are pulling for you. May God bless you in this time.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Please know that you have a big family all here for you if you need us. Please don’t hesitate to reach out. Thank you for letting us know. We always wish we had one more day. But I’m so glad you had 53 amazing years with your soul mate. That is a blessing

Roll Tide my friend. God Bless.
I'm sorry for your loss. Words can't express the pain you must be feeling.
Know that we will be praying for you and the rest of your family.
Kyallie, Thankful to hear you had such a gracious wife, and such a wonderful relationship. It 's a great encouragement to hear it. Makes for a terrible separation, though. And you have some hard days apart, but many praying for you, including me.

I want thank all who have Prayed for Nancy and now including me and our son Andy. I just read the comments, I Saw them yesterday, but I just couldn't do it because it brought me to tears. I have today and I know we're a family and you certainly have been here for me, as cajun crimson said, and as TideWatcher says i have hard days apart, I'll miss her for the rest of my life, and have daily remembrances from the TV programs we watched together, to the dishes she cooked for us , a couple of which we teamed up on (the only times she allowed me in her kitchen, while she was cooking), to the empty spot on our bed,and numerous other instances.

And as Old Man Dan said (I bet your not as old as I am) I have a lot of pain to deal with. Although watching Nancy go through this ordeal was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in 74 years. Not being able to do anything but be there for her and help her her in anything I could and of course Pray for her, but it was something I couldn't fix and Medical technology couldn't either. Again my thanks to one and all for your thoughts and Prayers.

Al and Andy

Last edited:

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
So sorry to hear of your loss. Hang in there and may God bless you and your family.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.