News Article: Saturday Down South - Vols-need-to-fire-jeremy-pruitt-hire-phillip-fulmer - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Re: Saturday Down South - Vols-need-to-fire-jeremy-pruitt-hire-phillip-fulmer

Bobby Petrino to Knoxville.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation First Team BigAlinKnoxville's Avatar

This line near the end is the most sickeningly ironic thing I've ever heard:

"Fulmer is the only plausible answer to getting the Vols back to respectability."

Here, I'll match it:

"Rosie O'Donnell is the only hope for the U.S. Olympic Pole Vaulting team."

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    Bobby Petrino to Knoxville.
    I don't know...………….after his antics, I don't think they would want the headache or the circus. Tee gets the job

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!

I wish Jeremy would resign the day before the Bama game just to see Phil take a beating once more.

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

I hate it for Jeremy but this Tennessee Football meltdown is so very sweet as a Tide Fan. Phat Phil back as head coach for the vomiteers...perfect!
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by bama2112 View Post
    https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/te...hillip-fulmer/

This is very entertaining to see the total meltdown of the UcheaT fan base and media members. I wonder how much gasoline they can pour on the bonfire and get Pruitt fired in the middle of a season. With that being said, we all know the Phat Phils ego would drive him to take the reins over if they fire Pruitt (which would be totally stupid).

I for one would love to see Fulmer take over mid year if this were to happen. The beatdowns would be a source of entertainment for me.
    I hate Tennessee... BUT... I hate Phat Phil even more.
    Phat Phil has always been a Snake in the grass
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; September 9th, 2019 at 11:14 PM. Reason: format

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Anything I can do to add fuel to the UT dumpster fire, just let me know

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar

I really donít think Phil can stand the idea that a former Bama player/coach is the head coach.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJama17 View Post
    I really don’t think Phil can stand the idea that a former Bama player/coach is the head coach.
    But he was the one that hired him
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    But he was the one that hired him
    Itís not as if he had a lot of great options.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJama17 View Post
    It’s not as if he had a lot of great options.
    Schiano was a great hire, and Fulmer also had a hand in blocking a potential Gundy and Leach hire. There were better options than Pruitt, and the more and more time passes by it seems like Fulmer had two motivations in the hire. 1) was to put himself in a position of control and 2) to cripple Alabama by taking a great assistant coach away from them.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Schiano was a great hire, and Fulmer also had a hand in blocking a potential Gundy and Leach hire. There were better options than Pruitt, and the more and more time passes by it seems like Fulmer had two motivations in the hire. 1) was to put himself in a position of control and 2) to cripple Alabama by taking a great assistant coach away from them.
    I canít see why Gundy would ever leave Oki light unless it were for the NFL and Iím sure that window has closed. Leach would have been a great hire. However he also described it as ďSomething out of ShakespeareĒ if that tells you anything. I donít think heíd want Fulmer as his boss.