News Article: Phillip Fulmer could be Tennessee football coach in waiting

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Many on here have suggested this very thing, that Phatimus himself may at some point declare himself the coach of the Big Orange Dumpster Fire.

Phat Phil Phinally Does It

Krispy Kreme sponsorship was left unmentioned.
In my mind, this was the Phat Phil plan all along. First, he hired Jeremy Pruitt who had no head coaching experience, and threw him into a dumpster fire. Who knows how much behind the scenes meddling the pumpkin is doing. I think he planned on Pruitt not working out so he could ride in and save the day.

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
This whole situation is crazy. If the orange bunch gives Pruitt his walking papers, then what? Who replaces him. Surely they don't believe Phat Phil will be their savior. He will not return them to glory. That is just nuts. The big orange better cool their heels and give Pruitt some time to get things turned around before they send a moving van to his house. The
Tennessee program is in a world of hurt and has been for ten years and it will take several years to rebuild. They are going to see some disappointing games before they reach some sort of stability in the program. So, what happens if and when they fire Pruitt? Nothing good. With the program in shambles, who could they hire with the credentials they want? It is not a place that looks attractive to any top tier coach. If Phat Phil ends up on the sidelines, get ready for more of the same.

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
Some (most?) of their fans seem to have forgotten that Pruitt was their, what, 57th choice? He was all they could get at the time and now they want to send him packing because they're not threatening to win the SEC East in his second year. Not only would that set them back another few years, but it would also cost them $9 million+ on top of that.

Pruitt himself is between a rock and a hard place. Everyone is trashing their quarterback and saying he should be benched in favor of a freshman because he's playing so poorly. If he does this, then Pruitt is dog meat when they lose games for not playing playing the senior. If he doesn't, then he's dog meat for not getting the freshman some reps for next year. He can't win either way.

Further, if Phat Phil thinks he built some bad karma 15 years ago, just wait until he stabs Pruitt in the back to take his job.

Bless their hearts......

SlackTide

Sep 26, 2018
Birmingham
Every time I read about the $9+ million buyout the Pruitt would get I think about Gus Malzahn's titanic buyout and smile :p_big:

BamaInCummingGA

1st Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming, Ga
I truly hope Cpt Krispy Kreme slides in on the liquid lard and takes over. I will celebrate EVERY DAY.
Please let him take over so we can administer the propper punishment for his lies and backstabbing.
Karma sucks, don't it, Philllllllllll?

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Honestly, who in there right mind would want to coach at a place that will not a young coach develop a team and recruit his players to do so? If they fire Pruitt, who wil they get to replace him that will be successful? Who?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Honestly, who in there right mind would want to coach at a place that will not a young coach develop a team and recruit his players to do so? If they fire Pruitt, who wil they get to replace him that will be successful? Who?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
krispy kreme will take over and lead them to the promised land of 6 or more wins

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.