UA Administration Starting to Voice Displeasure with So Many Daytime Games - Page 11
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast

Re: UA Administration Starting to Voice Displeasure with So Many Daytime Games

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBloodn62 View Post
    I just heard a few minutes ago that the Bama/OleMiss game will be televised on CBS @ 2:30.
    Here is an updated look at the kickoff and TV schedule for Week 5:

Northern Illinois at Vanderbilt, 12 pm ET / 11 am CT on SEC Network
    Texas A&M vs. Arkansas (Arlington, Texas), 12 pm ET/11 am CT on ESPN
    Ole Miss at Alabama, 3:30 pm ET/2:30 pm CT on CBS
    Towson at Florida, 4 pm ET / 3 pm CT on SEC Network
    Mississippi State at Auburn, 7 pm ET / 6 pm CT on ESPN
    Kentucky at South Carolina, 7:30 pm ET/6:30 pm CT on SEC Network

BamaNation All-American

delete
    Last edited by BamaInBham; September 16th, 2019 at 03:16 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Wow. CBS better have their filler material ready by halftime..

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Wow. CBS better have their filler material ready by halftime..
    No kidding. Even with State no longer undefeated, I would think that's a more appealing game than Bama-Ole Miss.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    No kidding. Even with State no longer undefeated, I would think that's a more appealing game than Bama-Ole Miss.
    Agree. State/AU or Texas A&M/Arkansas would be better games. I think they went with Bama because the game will probably rate the best even though it will be the most lopsided of the 3..

BamaNation All-American GP for Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Bama is the big national ratings draw.
    Bama 943-321-44 73.7% On the field

2018 SEC CHAMPS! ORANGE BOWL CHAMPS!

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GP for Bama View Post
    Bama is the big national ratings draw.
    Yep - CBS needs a compelling game NOT to pick Alabama right now.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBloodn62 View Post
    I just heard a few minutes ago that the Bama/OleMiss game will be televised on CBS @ 2:30.
    Can't really complain about such as that...if we're the best game that weekend then that is the slot you should expect.

The problem has been the continuous 3rd or 4th tier selections for 11am in September when there are quite literally replaceable level alternatives to putting us in that slot.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

I usually don't read Pat Forde but this time he has a point.

"Over the past six-plus seasons, this is your breakdown of kickoff times for Alabama and LSU for regular-season games:

Before 6 p.m. local time: Alabama 44 games, LSU 17.
    Noon or 11 a.m. starts: Alabama nine games, LSU four. (Four of Alabamaís 11 a.m. starts have come in the last 15 games. LSU, which also has an 11 a.m. kickoff this week, hadnít had one previously since 2017.)
    After 6 p.m.: Alabama 28 games, LSU 55.
    Thatís a disparity."

Two things not touched on yet.

1. The stadium is now a bowl, so without a really fast breeze, the heat is somewhat trapped inside. The University may have to create an effective method of cooling the stadium (fans/misting systems/cooling seats) or make shading systems for the games in the future because;
    2. The world, particularly cities, is simply getting hotter, and without a massive move to paint all of our streets and roofs white, plant a zillion more trees, and burning far less gas/coal, games will only get hotter.
    The Golden Rule for internet postings:

If you don't have anything nice to say, then say it with class, say it eloquently, and for goodness sake use the English language like your English teacher tried so hard to teach you.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Al A Bama View Post
    Why do they (PTB) hate Alabama? Do they give Bama these times, just like at least 6 teams used to have "BYE" weeks before playing Alabama?
    That happened ONE time - let's not pretend that that was a century long SEC tradition.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toddrn View Post
    [FONT="]I usually don't read Pat Forde but this time he has a point.

"Over the past six-plus seasons, this is your breakdown of kickoff times for Alabama and LSU for regular-season games:[/FONT]

[FONT="]Before 6 p.m. local time: Alabama 44 games, LSU 17.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]Noon or 11 a.m. starts: Alabama nine games, LSU four. (Four of Alabamaís 11 a.m. starts have come in the last 15 games. LSU, which also has an 11 a.m. kickoff this week, hadnít had one previously since 2017.)[/FONT]
    [FONT="]After 6 p.m.: Alabama 28 games, LSU 55.[/FONT]
    Thatís a disparity."

This is proof that people still know how to lie using statistics.

1) "Before 6 pm" includes ALL CBS GAMES telecast at 230 pm.

I mean, this does not require Einstein's brain to figure out, folks.

His "last six-plus seasons" means he's including 2013 (Byrne's started his cherry picking with 2014).
    We played 3 games on CBS in 2013, the "maximum" of 5 in 2014 - and then SIX in 2015 (including four games in a row with an off week), five more in 2016, three in 2017, and five in 2018. (Of course, you have to subtract the six LSU-Alabama games from this list as far as start time).

2) Common sense tells you that if one team plays more games at 230 because they're the draw then the non-draw team plays at a different time.

3) The micro analysis going on on this thread is pretty amusing.

Folks, you can't go look at LSU's games and our games and say, "Oh but they play, we play, blah blah blah."

You have to figure WHAT ARE THE OTHER GAMES PLAYED THAT SAME DAY. If LSU is playing Auburn on the same day Alabama plays Kent State - as happened in 2016 - then it doesn't take an advanced degree to figure out why LSU plays at five pm and Alabama plays at 11 am.

And then you have to figure the other games that same day (CBS picked Tennessee-Florida).

It's not "LSU has some sway in the conference" or any other conspiracy theory, folks. It's VERY simple - "what makes money."

Fans don't think like executives because fans aren't responsible for financial results. I don't like 230 games in September, either, but it is what it is.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

The argument here - and I appreciate what Forde is noticing - is that LSU has a tradition of rowdy night games, and the SEC has largely allowed for that. There is a disparity in the number of non-conference day games that Bama has played since the SEC Network came online - which is why everyone is using 2014 as a baseline. I know Bama is a ratings boost, but that has made for a very unpleasant experience for fans at the games. Simple as that.