UA Administration Starting to Voice Displeasure with So Many Daytime Games - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Re: UA Administration Starting to Voice Displeasure with So Many Daytime Games

Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post
    The irony is that most fans want the earlier start times so they can get back home at a decent time. Understandably, when it's this hot fans want the cooler start times. Of course the AD limited the timeframe to Sept. It's not as easy as it might look.
    Sure it is - just look at how many B1G games are played at noon Eastern, 11am Central. You guys don't want the 11am start times.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    One problem with that logic.... Auburn vs Tulane and Tennessee vs BYU were both on when Texas and LSU were on. Even if it was all to get more views on one particular game there are better time slots than 11 am
    Why air Tulane and LSU at the same time? I know Tulane doesnít have a lot of viewers, but it is some who are probably also interested in seeing LSU.

Or maybe Tulane fans are busy sticking pins in the voodoo doll of whoever had the bright idea to leave the SEC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

I have one simple answer for young Mr. Byrne and our athletic administration—SCHEDULE BETTER OPPONENTS. If you do, you will get more late start games with big network coverage and more of us fans will attend and support games in September. Do the opposite and you will have more of the same.
    Last edited by deliveryman35; September 9th, 2019 at 08:59 PM.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    I have one simple answer for young Mr. Byrne and our athletic administration—SCHEDULE BETTER OPPONENTS. If you do, you will get more late start games with big network coverage and more of us fans will attend and support games in September. Do the opposite and you will have more of the same.

The only reason everyone is caterwauling about "better opponents" is because we're that good.

Who are we supposed to be playing? I know Joe Goodman of al.com has a piece saying Army would play us, but where are the quality teams we should be playing?

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I think this past game put several adults in the hospital and possibly a death that may have not been directly heat related but certainly wasn't helped by the conditions.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar

This was one of those games you look around and see everyone leaving and you think am I crazy for staying in this heat in a blow out.
    WHERE EVER YOU GO, YOU TAKE YOURSELF WITH YOU

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonProf View Post
    The only reason everyone is caterwauling about "better opponents" is because we're that good.

Who are we supposed to be playing? I know Joe Goodman of al.com has a piece saying Army would play us, but where are the quality teams we should be playing?
    Oh please.

It’s really very simple—schedule better games and you attract better network coverage in the evening hours AND more fans will show up at the stadium. Schedule high school opponents and you produce the opposite effect.

I assure you that I’m not the only fan of this program that lives within 100 miles of the university that sat on his wallet the first two games. There are thousands of us.
    Last edited by deliveryman35; September 9th, 2019 at 09:10 PM.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I see a lot of twits acting like this is about the players but clearly the university is tired of creating a public health/safety crisis of their own creation for the fans. Most importantly as Cecil Hurt was likely informed to spread: LSU has 13 scheduled September night games in a time period where Alabama has played 14 September day games. And you are playing yourself if you think there is a discernible difference in Alabama and LSU September schedules from 2014 to present.

Alabama gets stuck in these time slots more often mainly due to the SEC Network which means effectively the conference itself is electing to make them play a morning game when they already have their rights and could put them at night.
    Last edited by rgw; September 9th, 2019 at 09:11 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Oh please.

Itís really very simpleóschedule better games and you attract better network coverage in the evening hours AND more fans will show up at the stadium. Schedule high school opponents and you produce the opposite effect.
    So do you care about winning national championships and SEC championships?

And FWIW scheduling is not as simple as you believe.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; September 9th, 2019 at 09:11 PM.

Oh please.

It’s really very simple—schedule better games and you attract better network coverage in the evening hours AND more fans will show up at the stadium. Schedule high school opponents and you produce the opposite effect.
    Better to play in the heat than take on an even more difficult schedule.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

This has nothing to do with schedule strength and everything to do with the SEC Network effectively getting their subpar time slots floated by Alabama.

Made it bigger because some folks are melvins that can't see the forest for the trees but they might see 48pt font.

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    This has nothing to do with schedule strength and everything to do with the SEC Network effectively getting their subpar time slots floated by Alabama.
    We all got together for the aTm game last year. Kick-off time: 2:30 Central. It certainly is not all about the opponent.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

2:30 CBS game is whatever but without even looking I feel confident in saying a majority of our home September day kicks are 11am/3pm SECN games