UA Administration Starting to Voice Displeasure with So Many Daytime Games - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    BamaNation Third Team

Re: UA Administration Starting to Voice Displeasure with So Many Daytime Games

If we were playing power 5 teams instead of New Mexico State and Western Carolina....say instead, Kansas State and Virginia maybe theyd move some of them to an evening game. Even Saban said he wanted all power 5 teams if they could.

We schedule who we can schedule, I get that, but these poor opponents dont help the case...especially like this weekend when ND and Georgia play in prime time.

Now, with LSU almost always getting the night slot no matter who they play and Bama almost never getting the night game leads one to believe there is certainly a biased...why couldn't they have 6 of 12 and Bama have 6 of 12...equitable.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    2:30 CBS game is whatever but without even looking I feel confident in saying a majority of our home September day kicks are 11am/3pm SECN games
    Your good games are CBS, and your other games are SECN - all are early games. That is the point. Unless you are playing a top 20 team, you are getting an early game. Welcome to the SEC.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

I don’t see many South Carolina fans complaining about lower competition when they automatically had the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd ranked teams on their schedule before the season. In fact I see more complaining about adding an additional P5 team because it probably costed them a Bowl game.

Some of y’all really need to come back down to earth and realize loading up a schedule with P5 teams is the absolute dumbest thing we could do. I don’t care if Saban said he preferred it. The fact is that the 3 other playoff teams last year played cake schedules while we had to play through Hell to get there.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; September 9th, 2019 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Your good games are CBS, and your other games are SECN - all are early games. That is the point. Unless you are playing a top 20 team, you are getting an early game. Welcome to the SEC.
    Check how many day games LSU has had to play...

Case in point, they are playing the mighty Northwestern St. at 6:30....
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame

SECN has a night game and Alabama almost never gets it...and at this time of the year USM v. Alabama is about as high of quality as that game gets.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

Auburn vs Tulane
    LSU vs Ga Southern
    Tennessee vs BYU
    Florida vs Tennessee Martin
    Kentucky vs E Michigan
    Georgia vs Murray St *
    Mizzou vs Wyoming

You want me to tell you the 2 things they all have in common?

* 4pm game

BamaNation All-SEC STONECOLDSABAN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Oh please.

It’s really very simple—schedule better games and you attract better network coverage in the evening hours AND more fans will show up at the stadium. Schedule high school opponents and you produce the opposite effect.

I assure you that I’m not the only fan of this program that lives within 100 miles of the university that sat on his wallet the first two games. There are thousands of us.
    Did you even watch saban's press conference where he said we don't pick these teams out of a freaking hat? I know people think that saban and byrnne just snap there fingers and stuff just happens. But it just doesn't work that way.
    ALABAMA FOOTBALL RULES AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE BECAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO!!!!!!!!!

BamaNation Second Team

SEC has not been fair .. just like the bye before playing Bama stuff which went on

Quote Originally Posted by rtr90 View Post
    SEC has not been fair .. just like the bye before playing Bama stuff which went on
    And the SEC did absolutely nothing about it until Alabama started making a fuss.

LSU has been getting preferential treatment on the issue of the night games for years, but it's not just LSU. Alabama has been consistently drawing the early games (so LSU gets what they want, Alabama doesn't), and I suppose the SEC or ESPN has a reason for doing it, but it still isn't fair.
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    And the SEC did absolutely nothing about it until Alabama started making a fuss.

LSU has been getting preferential treatment on the issue of the night games for years, but it's not just LSU. Alabama has been consistently drawing the early games (so LSU gets what they want, Alabama doesn't), and I suppose the SEC or ESPN has a reason for doing it, but it still isn't fair.
    Agreed, it isn't fair, but it is because you are Alabama, a huge TV draw. You would hurt the ratings of their bigger prime time games. You only get that time slot when your game is the best that ESPN has to offer, with rare CBS double header type exceptions.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Then maybe the question is answered by the university unburdening themselves of the SEC because this has become a reoccuring theme with this outfit in Birmingham.

I don't really buy that totally but maybe they should start making Sankey fill his britches a few times.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post

Auburn has too

BamaNation All-SEC STONECOLDSABAN's Avatar

Agreed, it isn't fair, but it is because you are Alabama, a huge TV draw. You would hurt the ratings of their bigger prime time games. You only get that time slot when your game is the best that ESPN has to offer, with rare CBS double header type exceptions.
    I get what your saying Big Tide but I am not sure people are glued to the TV when Bama is playing New Mexico State and Southern Miss.
    ALABAMA FOOTBALL RULES AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE BECAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO!!!!!!!!!