UA Administration Starting to Voice Displeasure with So Many Daytime Games - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: UA Administration Starting to Voice Displeasure with So Many Daytime Games

The difference between this and the open week thread is that the media reported the open week stuff. Maybe we can boycott the broadcast. It will probably be Mowins so I’ll have Eli on anyway....
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American GP for Bama's Avatar

The network logic for the 21st... They would rather put Bama- Southern Miss on national TV on ESPN2 . The SEC network is still mostly reginal. ESPN2 does not want to air Arky- San Jose on national TV.
    Bama 937-320-44 73.7% On the field

2018 SEC CHAMPS!

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Sadly a Tide fan passed away Saturday. He had been complaining about being really hot and had a heart attack and they were not able to save him. He was only 57 and was a coworkerís husband. Please keep them in your prayers. Another friend said he stopped counting at 12 ambulances taking away people with heat related issues.

My BIGGEST PROBLEM is with the ďplayer safetyĒ first craze going on (and Iím all for that) that they completely ignore this VERY legitimate complaint.

The heat is absolutely nothing to joke around about in large portions of the country where football is played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFlum View Post
    If the weather is as bad as this past Saturday and we did have several fans carted off due to heat exhaustion and possibly heat stroke, he really needs to step up and say that we are moving the game to night game due to player and spectator safety and the TV guys can work it out, period.

If Saban wants better fan support, then the athletic department needs to take care of the fans.

(This is no way a condemnation of any remarks made the athletic staff at this point. Just making an observation.)

I didnít see this but there was one death. I cannot say that it wouldnít have happened but this was a guy that hadnít had any problems before this happened. Completely shocking to the family.

BamaNation All-American GP for Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamacon View Post
    Sadly a Tide fan passed away Saturday. He had been complaining about being really hot and had a heart attack and they were not able to save him. He was only 57 and was a coworker’s husband. Please keep them in your prayers. Another friend said he stopped counting at 12 ambulances taking away people with heat related issues.

My BIGGEST PROBLEM is with the “player safety” first craze going on (and I’m all for that) that they completely ignore this VERY legitimate complaint.

The heat is absolutely nothing to joke around about in large portions of the country where football is played.

I knew this fine man.

Alabama should refuse to play a game at home when under a NWS Heat Advisory (as was the case Saturday). They delay games for lightening and thunderstorms....they should do the same..( play at night) for heat. Heat is as dangerous for fans and players as lightening.
    Bama 937-320-44 73.7% On the field

2018 SEC CHAMPS!

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STONECOLDSABAN View Post
    I get what your saying Big Tide but I am not sure people are glued to the TV when Bama is playing New Mexico State and Southern Miss.
    Birmingham, AL is the #1 tv market in the country for college football. This is because of Alabama fans (Iím sure in some small part Auburn fans as well). Our game would take away a sizeable portion of viewers in this market (my tv would primarily be on our game no matter who else was playing and I feel Iím a typical fan).

None of this matters though. We are getting screwed by the conference on this. Itís for the sake of money and keeping the SEC Network afloat, but we are getting screwed nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Oh please.

Itís really very simpleóschedule better games and you attract better network coverage in the evening hours AND more fans will show up at the stadium. Schedule high school opponents and you produce the opposite effect.

I assure you that Iím not the only fan of this program that lives within 100 miles of the university that sat on his wallet the first two games. There are thousands of us.
    Which good opponents have approached Bama but been turned away? Which teams has Bama approached but have said they have no interest in playing Bama at this time? Just curious, I'm not privvy to these answers.

But I do know teams aren't lining up to pay Bama - would you?

BSu used to complain no one would play them, but they never talked about all the teams they didn't call...
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Then maybe the question is answered by the university unburdening themselves of the SEC because this has become a reoccuring theme with this outfit in Birmingham.

I don't really buy that totally but maybe they should start making Sankey fill his britches a few times.
    Never thought I'd see someone I felt I could argue is as bad as Kramer was, but Sankey sure makes me reconsider...
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaFlum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GP for Bama View Post
    I knew this fine man.

Alabama should refuse to play a game at home when under a NWS Heat Advisory (as was the case Saturday). They delay games for lightening and thunderstorms....they should do the same..( play at night) for heat. Heat is as dangerous for fans and players as lightening.
    So sorry about the fan. If the administration knows about this, then the next time there is a heat advisory, delay the start and reference the number of fans taken to the hospital and actually having a fan pass away from heat stroke. Just as someone else said, they delay start for other weather, why not heat advisories?

RTR!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Never thought I'd see someone I felt I could argue is as bad as Kramer was, but Sankey sure makes me reconsider...
    He's a complete pushover. It appears some ADs know this and are willing to take advantage of it, while ours plays nice and gets screwed.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Sad to hear about the man passing away.

In the late 70's I went to a Bama/Vandy game in Nashville with my aunt and uncle. It was an early-season game and we were in the direct sun. I remember my cousin and I went to the concession stand to get a drink and while we were standing in line I passed out. Was only 8-9 years old. My aunt and uncle came down prepared to leave the game, but I protested and we stayed.

I know it would be impossible for us without leaving the SEC (and I don't think that will ever happen) but it sure would be nice to have our own contract with a network like ND. That's the only scenario that would simplify this.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Alabama should really be like ND in that they are loosely connected with the SEC. I think we get screwed more than any program, and itís really to the point that we should be making threats of leaving to get some fair treatment.