UA Administration Starting to Voice Displeasure with So Many Daytime Games

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
My thought is that we spent a lot on the LED lights and uga beat us to the punch on showcasing it because of the tv schedule... :cool2:

If not for TV, we would have scheduled our first home game in the evening...just sayin'.

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
After the SEC announced LSU will play the next two games at 11 a.m., the LSU fans are all of a sudden upset about things. Weird how that works.
This was well played by Alabama. They might have waited a bit long to complain, but they also waited until there was a clear pattern to use as a basis for their complaint. This probably hurts LSU more than it helps Alabama (as Selma alluded to Alabama is closer to the norm than LSU is) but that's fine by me. No SEC team deserves to monopolize night games.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
THE SEC FRONT OFFICE IN BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA?!

I do declare!
I'm obviously referring to a century-long (not literally but it seems that way) whine from our opponents that every single time something happens that in any way sorta seems to go Alabama's way, the cry is, "The SEC offices are in Birmingham" - as if that answers anything.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Tennessee game has only been an 11am game once under Saban and it was in 2007. It has almost always ended up on CBS or The ESPN Family of Networks in a 6 or 7pm kickoff.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Tennessee game has only been an 11am game once under Saban and it was in 2007. It has almost always ended up on CBS or The ESPN Family of Networks in a 6 or 7pm kickoff.
With the games being played that day, it is easily the one with the most viewership. The problem is that it won’t be the BEST game that day. But it is on a weekend of blowouts and tomato matchups. If CBS picks TSIO they are going to either pay a huge penalty and have to bargain with the kick times with the US-LSU game and IB or going to pick and choose which one to broadcast. The problem is that by choosing ND-UGA, UA-aTm,and UA-Ole Miss they have a lot of conflicts between UA, AU, LSU, and UGA. So more than likely they will pass on TSIO to prevent contract problems so ESPN is likely getting that game. The possibility for 11am kick for TSIO is real once you consider there are some big BIG 10 and PAC 12 games on that week.

But I hope 7 pm, and think its 50/50 7pm, but we are competing between UF-USCE and UGA-UK while Michigan and PSU are on prime time.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
We've been on a 6/7pm CST kick with Tennessee when they've had some fairly lowly teams. This matchup seems to pull pretty good numbers regardless of the quality of the game itself. When you can carry the Birmingham and Nashville media markets for a game, the commercial interests are aligned with more preferred kickoffs. Still, this may be the low-bar for the Vols (I hope not though) so that is the fly in the ointment.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Week 9 Arkansas could be a night game solely because SCAR - Tennessee seems like a made for 11am football game. Still, seems like that would be one of those afternoon games on SEC Network.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.