UA Administration Starting to Voice Displeasure with So Many Daytime Games - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Re: UA Administration Starting to Voice Displeasure with So Many Daytime Games

I've gotten to where I just won't go to 11am games. We have to leave at least by 8am at the latest just to make the game, much less be able to do anything before and afterwards you're so hot you're just ready to go home. At least night games we can hang out, eat locally and we get home before midnight so it's more worth it to me. Save 11am for the crappy games way late in the season, not when it feels like we're literally living in hell while watching a football game.
    I need you out there slinging coconuts and pineapples!

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Yes, but that wasn’t the point. The point is that fans don’t like the inconvenience of an 11am game in September. Tickets scanned clearly proves that.

Byrne is trying to get more fans in the stadium and more money in Tuscaloosa. That ain’t happening if all you get is breakfast games and scorchers. Meanwhile teams like LSU and Auburn are getting night game after night game and fuller stadiums because of it. Alabama has been a team player about this for far too long. It’s gotten to the point in which they really should start to making threats to the SECN and the SEC as a whole to get fairer treatment. There was a reason most Bama PPV games in September were at night.
    If it is just about fans being too lazy to get up early enough for an 11am game, I could not care less. Let Byrne and the fans pound sand. If this is about the heat, then I get it.

BamaNation All-American

Well the numbers point to most fans hating 11am September games than September 8pm games.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2...-tv-times.html

It is true 11 am and 815 games are the worst times, but 11 am are by far the worst. Most Alabama fans want More September games in the 6pm time slot than any other for non SEC games.
    That is what I said, "....many Bama fans don't want 11am CT start time in Sept". So, we agree - at least on that point . Btw, I agree with the sentiment expressed by the University admin and the vast majority of the posters in this thread as one could see from my numerous "Thank"s and "Like"s. Alabama is a benevolent "flagship" institution, always has been. The "schedule better" complaint by some is sometimes misguided, sometimes just an excuse to further an agenda.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    If it is just about fans being too lazy to get up early enough for an 11am game, I could not care less. Let Byrne and the fans pound sand. If this is about the heat, then I get it.
    Again, LSU has had 12 G5 home games in September since 2014.... ALL 12 have been NIGHT games. Alabama has also had 12... 11 have been DAY games.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    It's the heat and now it's also about the inequity. Southerners may be relatively lazy (can't believe you put that out there, you are usually quite the diplomat ) but not when it comes to football.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaFlum's Avatar

Heat stroke kills more people than lightning. If there is lightning in the area, the game is delayed until it is safe to play. Why is there not a similar condition placed when the heat index is above a certain degree?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RTR!

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post
    It's the heat and now it's also about the inequity. Southerners may be relatively lazy (can't believe you put that out there, you are usually quite the diplomat ) but not when it comes to football.
    Never said that Southerners are lazy. My wife is from Alabama - no one would ever accuse anyone in her family of being lazy. Just saying that complaining about getting up early enough to watch an 11am game reeks of lassitude. Maybe you guys need to get to bed earlier?

As for the inequity - I get it. But you guys are famous for saying that life isn't fair.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post
    I'm 63 years old, I've earned my laziness, thank you very much.
    "You don't want to be scared half to death more than once."

-Captain Obvious-

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mke4Bama View Post
    Bless his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Mke4Bama View Post
    Worried about six hours extra to prepare for TAMU like he's using all of this week to prepare for Kent State.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    Bless his heart.
    Let him keeping popping off so his mockingbird mouth overloads his hummingbird rear end. Come December he’ll be the one asking Kristi “how do you spell guru? I need it for my resume’.....”
    Last edited by CB4; September 10th, 2019 at 07:05 PM.
    "A politician is a person that can smoke a cigar, down a shot of bourbon, kiss a baby, and talk out of both sides of their mouth all at the same time."

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    Let him keeping popping off so his mockingbird mouth overloads his hummingbird rear end. Come December he’ll be the one asking Kristi “how do you spell guru? I need it for my resume’.....”
    So Cecil Hurt responded on Finebaum. I saw a clip of it on Twitter. LOL, classic Cecil. With the very slightest hint of sarcasm he basically said he agreed with Gus and hoped that Auburn would play every single one of its games at 11:00 AM, because Auburn needed the extra prep time and it was only fair.

Seriously, this has turned into absurdity because God forbid Alabama have the audacity to mention the fact it is being treated unfairly.

I do look forward to the Auburn game this November.

Again, LSU has had 12 G5 home games in September since 2014.... ALL 12 have been NIGHT games. Alabama has also had 12... 11 have been DAY games.
    This, so much this.

I can't believe I hear so many commentators simply omitting this.

LSU even got the CBS game time moved so they could play at home, at night. It's nonsense, what did LSU do to warrant such special consideration? On the other hand, Alabama has to always play day games? It isn't much to ask for something closer to an even split, this isn't an unreasonable expectation and anyone who says otherwise is either pushing an agenda or likes the fact that Alabama is getting screwed.
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban