UA Administration Starting to Voice Displeasure with So Many Daytime Games

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Keep pushing me to stay home in front of my TV and I might just do that. This is ticking me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
Well there are 9 sec games that day and 7 are in the afternoon. The only night games are ND at UGA and San Jose at Ark.

I am sure this was done to make sure all eyes were on the ND vs UGA game.

LSU at Vanderbilt, 12 pm ET/11 am CT on ESPN or ESPN2 or SEC Network*
Tennessee at Florida, 12 pm ET/11 am CT on ESPN or ESPN2 or SEC Network*
Southern Mississippi at Alabama, 12 pm ET/11 am CT on ESPN or ESPN2*
California at Ole Miss, 12 pm ET/11 am CT on ESPNU
Auburn at Texas A&M, 3:30 pm ET/2:30 pm CT on CBS
Kentucky at Mississippi State, 4 pm ET/3 pm CT on SEC Network or SEC Network Alternate*
South Carolina at Missouri, 4 pm ET/3 pm CT on SEC Network or SEC Network Alternate*
San Jose State at Arkansas, 7:30 pm ET/6:30 pm CT on SEC Network
Notre Dame at Georgia, 8 pm ET/7 pm CT on CBS

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Think he got enough of a cry from fans on social media last week to cause this. He had to respond to some irritated fans.
Yeah I know he was forced to, but the fact that it has been a number of conversations about it and still Arkansas vs SJSU is a night game shows you he doesn’t have pull. I can understand if Florida vs Tennessee or Cal vs Ole Miss were in that night game over us, but cmon Arkansas vs SJSU. This is the biggest issue with allowing CBS to pick the game of the week. The reason us, LSU, and FLORIDA ARE 11 am kicks is to avoid taking viewership away from ND @ UGA.

SlackTide

Sep 26, 2018
Birmingham
I don't understand how Awbern can get a 6:30PM slot on E***2 for the Green Wave and the Crimson Tide keeps having to suit up before the rooster crows. Get it together @SEC

ARollTideDad

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 6, 2018
Yeah I know he was forced to, but the fact that it has been a number of conversations about it and still Arkansas vs SJSU is a night game shows you he doesn’t have pull. I can understand if Florida vs Tennessee or Cal vs Ole Miss were in that night game over us, but cmon Arkansas vs SJSU. This is the biggest issue with allowing CBS to pick the game of the week. The reason us, LSU, and FLORIDA ARE 11 am kicks is to avoid taking viewership away from ND @ UGA.
Yes, Ark vs. SJSU is a night game, but more importantly it is the conflict game with UGA and ND. The conference will not put both the best team and best game at the "same" time.. The Arkansas game is at that time precisely because and so that everyone can watch UGA / ND...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yes, Ark vs. SJSU is a night game, but more importantly it is the conflict game with UGA and ND. The conference will not put both the best team and best game at the "same" time.. The Arkansas game is at that time precisely because and so that everyone can watch UGA / ND...
One problem with that logic.... Auburn vs Tulane and Tennessee vs BYU were both on when Texas and LSU were on. Even if it was all to get more views on one particular game there are better time slots than 11 am

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Did the SEC decide to play Arkansas at night, or was that an ESPN/SECN decision?

ARollTideDad

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 6, 2018
One problem with that logic.... Auburn vs Tulane and Tennessee vs BYU were both on when Texas and LSU were on. Even if it was all to get more views on one particular game there are better time slots than 11 am
Tennessee and even Auburn are not Alabama.

I watched a lot of that BYU game, pairing it with tU/LSU. But I don't think there were a lot of other eyeballs on it beyond Mormons and Vols.

The Conference is not letting its broadcasting partners do something that harms the Conference. The question is how long Alabama continues to quietly suck it up for the good of the "team". I just wanna make sure folk know this is not some sort of Alabama vendetta... the Conference is looking after the health of the conference.

We know we can't have 7 games in the September night slots every week...

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
If the weather is as bad as this past Saturday and we did have several fans carted off due to heat exhaustion and possibly heat stroke, he really needs to step up and say that we are moving the game to night game due to player and spectator safety and the TV guys can work it out, period.

If Saban wants better fan support, then the athletic department needs to take care of the fans.

(This is no way a condemnation of any remarks made the athletic staff at this point. Just making an observation.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titans&Tide

1st Team
Jul 22, 2000
Tuscaloosa, AL USA
www.kornegay.us
Tennessee and even Auburn are not Alabama.

I watched a lot of that BYU game, pairing it with tU/LSU. But I don't think there were a lot of other eyeballs on it beyond Mormons and Vols.

The Conference is not letting its broadcasting partners do something that harms the Conference. The question is how long Alabama continues to quietly suck it up for the good of the "team". I just wanna make sure folk know this is not some sort of Alabama vendetta... the Conference is looking after the health of the conference.

We know we can't have 7 games in the September night slots every week...
I don't give a monkey's butthole about the health of "the conference." I care about Alabama, and only Alabama. The rest of "the conference" can sit and spin. This is crap. As Byrne said in his statement, we have played more day games than anyone else in the conference since 2014. We are the cash cow of the conference and have been for literally decades. It's past time "the conference" understands that they wouldn't be what they are today without the perennial excellence of Alabama.

And then there's the issue that Saturday saw 131 fans (the last count I saw, anyway) treated for heat-related illnesses. There will be more on the 21st, barring a cold front or something. Shame on the SEC and ESPN for this latest shafting of the conference leader in revenue generation. Maybe next time they'll use some Vaseline or something.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
During the New Mexico State game, I told the wife “We shouldn’t play any game from the beginning of the season until Mid-October before 3:00. It’s too hot for that.”

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
During the New Mexico State game, I told the wife “We shouldn’t play any game from the beginning of the season until Mid-October before 3:00. It’s too hot for that.”
I’m sure some here remember, prior to conference expansion, when the regular season was a 10 game season (started playing 11 games in 1970) and no one started playing before the second or third weekend in September.

And I seem to recall quite a few of those early “home” games were in B’ham at night.

Of course I also remember when Auburn would play a day game at Legion Field and Bama would play the night game a few hours afterwards.

God i’m Old.....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.