UA Administration Starting to Voice Displeasure with So Many Daytime Games
Page 1 of 14 1234567811 ... LastLast

UA Administration Starting to Voice Displeasure with So Many Daytime Games

Last edited by RTR91; September 9th, 2019 at 05:10 PM.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American

Re: UA Administration Starting to Voice Displeasure with So Many Daytime Games

Keep pushing me to stay home in front of my TV and I might just do that. This is ticking me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Pretty much shows you where Byrne stands with the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Think he got enough of a cry from fans on social media last week to cause this. He had to respond to some irritated fans.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Well there are 9 sec games that day and 7 are in the afternoon. The only night games are ND at UGA and San Jose at Ark.

I am sure this was done to make sure all eyes were on the ND vs UGA game.

LSU at Vanderbilt, 12 pm ET/11 am CT on ESPN or ESPN2 or SEC Network*
    Tennessee at Florida, 12 pm ET/11 am CT on ESPN or ESPN2 or SEC Network*
    Southern Mississippi at Alabama, 12 pm ET/11 am CT on ESPN or ESPN2*
    California at Ole Miss, 12 pm ET/11 am CT on ESPNU
    Auburn at Texas A&M, 3:30 pm ET/2:30 pm CT on CBS
    Kentucky at Mississippi State, 4 pm ET/3 pm CT on SEC Network or SEC Network Alternate*
    South Carolina at Missouri, 4 pm ET/3 pm CT on SEC Network or SEC Network Alternate*
    San Jose State at Arkansas, 7:30 pm ET/6:30 pm CT on SEC Network
    Notre Dame at Georgia, 8 pm ET/7 pm CT on CBS

Glad to see he isnít afraid to say it in public

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Think he got enough of a cry from fans on social media last week to cause this. He had to respond to some irritated fans.
    Yeah I know he was forced to, but the fact that it has been a number of conversations about it and still Arkansas vs SJSU is a night game shows you he doesnít have pull. I can understand if Florida vs Tennessee or Cal vs Ole Miss were in that night game over us, but cmon Arkansas vs SJSU. This is the biggest issue with allowing CBS to pick the game of the week. The reason us, LSU, and FLORIDA ARE 11 am kicks is to avoid taking viewership away from ND @ UGA.

BamaNation Scout Team SlackTide's Avatar

I don't understand how Awbern can get a 6:30PM slot on E***2 for the Green Wave and the Crimson Tide keeps having to suit up before the rooster crows. Get it together @SEC

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Bingo. Or, at least he isn't adept at negotiating from a position of strength, which the Alabama AD should have.

BamaNation Second Team

Yeah I know he was forced to, but the fact that it has been a number of conversations about it and still Arkansas vs SJSU is a night game shows you he doesn’t have pull. I can understand if Florida vs Tennessee or Cal vs Ole Miss were in that night game over us, but cmon Arkansas vs SJSU. This is the biggest issue with allowing CBS to pick the game of the week. The reason us, LSU, and FLORIDA ARE 11 am kicks is to avoid taking viewership away from ND @ UGA.
    Yes, Ark vs. SJSU is a night game, but more importantly it is the conflict game with UGA and ND. The conference will not put both the best team and best game at the "same" time.. The Arkansas game is at that time precisely because and so that everyone can watch UGA / ND...

Quote Originally Posted by ARollTideDad View Post
    Yes, Ark vs. SJSU is a night game, but more importantly it is the conflict game with UGA and ND. The conference will not put both the best team and best game at the "same" time.. The Arkansas game is at that time precisely because and so that everyone can watch UGA / ND...
    One problem with that logic.... Auburn vs Tulane and Tennessee vs BYU were both on when Texas and LSU were on. Even if it was all to get more views on one particular game there are better time slots than 11 am
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Did the SEC decide to play Arkansas at night, or was that an ESPN/SECN decision?

BamaNation Second Team

One problem with that logic.... Auburn vs Tulane and Tennessee vs BYU were both on when Texas and LSU were on. Even if it was all to get more views on one particular game there are better time slots than 11 am
    Tennessee and even Auburn are not Alabama.

I watched a lot of that BYU game, pairing it with tU/LSU. But I don't think there were a lot of other eyeballs on it beyond Mormons and Vols.

The Conference is not letting its broadcasting partners do something that harms the Conference. The question is how long Alabama continues to quietly suck it up for the good of the "team". I just wanna make sure folk know this is not some sort of Alabama vendetta... the Conference is looking after the health of the conference.

We know we can't have 7 games in the September night slots every week...