Alabama: Did not like CNS antics in presser after game... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team

Re: Did not like CNS antics in pressconf after game

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    He was also upset because he hears people complaining about Bama's schedule and here this reporter comes and asks a loaded question ("can you learn anything from a game like this?").

At this point, any reporter who thinks Saban likes playing these teams which Bama totally outclasses is either willfully ignorant or outright stupid. Either way, I don't feel bad that he got blasted for the ridiculous question.
    its not a question of feeling bad ... when i listened on radio it seemed innocent question.
    But more than that he was just itching to blow up is how I felt

Also it was not simple math on Oline. I was under impression they are trying dickerson at center not that they were forced to.
    Last edited by rtr90; September 9th, 2019 at 05:55 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Something I have learned in life. Let me preface this comment with the statement that I attend church every time the doors are opened and hold Christian values. However: I do not want a Sunday School teacher for a Lawyer, elected official, policeman, coach or any other thing which I am dependent on them for protection and or/service. I want the lawyer, official, policeman, coach & etc. to fight down and dirty for me. Now if the other side is using Sunday School teachers then, fine, I will too. So while I don't always like the words I see and hear coming from the GOAT I don't complain cause he ain't my SS teacher.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by rtr90 View Post
    Unless there was some history with some of reporters asking questions, I thought the question on "what can you learn from this game" was innocent enough.

The other one regarding centers was outright obnoxious answer ... nobody knew that Dickerson is playing center becos both centers were injured. I follow pretty closely and I didnt know Chris Owens was injured. Also it was valid question since they were shuffling on Oline due to Duke ineptitude.

MAybe he was angry with how the game went or something
    Here's what people don't understand. Having to answer questions almost immediately after a game and doing it without given a chance to decompress is not the best of ideas if you're looking for professional and cordial responses. It's the nature of the beast. It's why even on the very amateur, waaaaaaay down the competitive list of sports, that is youth baseball. We have a team rule that no parent is to approach any coach after a game to discuss an issue. Wait until the next day when the coach has a chance to decompress and both can be in a position to respond when emotions aren't running full throttle.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    Sorry that you're disappointed in the GOAT. I'm guessing that he approved the work you did at your job today?
    Actually he disapproved of my work, so much so that he disciplined me. My punishment, 20 minutes on the treadmill.. So I gotta go...🤪
    Last edited by CrimsonRuss; September 9th, 2019 at 07:07 PM.

You would think they could come up with better questions. How many times do they ask any coach, "What can you learn from a game like this?" If you can't come up with better questions or continue to ask rhetorical questions don't ask any at all.
    Last edited by Ldlane; September 9th, 2019 at 07:06 PM.
    Football changes and so do people. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

You could see it coming from the start of the press conference. He is always more on edge in games like these.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    He was also upset because he hears people complaining about Bama's schedule and here this reporter comes and asks a loaded question, in a condescending tone ("can you learn anything from a game like this?").
    FIFY.

Then they ask about the students leaving early....................on a day people are passing out in the stands. Sorry, the whole thing was bush league. They just wanted some negative headlines to run with.
    As I say, we tried to remove the tusks. But they were embedded so firmly we couldn't budge them. Of course, in Alabama the Tuscaloosa, but that is entirely ir-elephant to what I was talking about.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Ldlane View Post
    You would think they could come up with better questions. How many times do they ask any coach, "What can you learn from a game like this?" If you can't come up with better questions or continue to ask rhetorical questions don't ask any at all.
    It would be funny if Saban answered "I learned that you will ask me the same question over and over"

BamaNation First Team Quicksilver's Avatar

The "what can you learn" question was perfectly innocuous - not a stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by rtr90 View Post
    Unless there was some history with some of reporters asking questions, I thought the question on "what can you learn from this game" was innocent enough.

The other one regarding centers was outright obnoxious answer ... nobody knew that Dickerson is playing center becos both centers were injured. I follow pretty closely and I didnt know Chris Owens was injured. Also it was valid question since they were shuffling on Oline due to Duke ineptitude.

MAybe he was angry with how the game went or something
    Get a message to Miss Terry, Iím sure she will address it! Poor Nick!
    to 16 and beyond........

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    The "what can you learn" question was perfectly innocuous - not a stupid question.
    When you ask "What CAN you learn from a game like this?" you are insinuating, "Why did you play this extremely weak team and what was the point? ". If you ask "What DID you learn today from this game?", you are asking a more direct question about the team and their performance in that game. You get a response like you did from the "Scheduling" question with the former question.
    Football changes and so do people. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation All-SEC

Here's a twenty, bury two !

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

The Nick Saban Presser is a phenomenon. I love them can't really imagine any Tide fan not loving every minute of them.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda