Alabama: Did not like CNS antics in presser after game...

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Re: Did not like CNS antics in pressconf after game

I'm just waiting for the day when, in the post game press conference, he answers every question with one word like "Yes", "No", "Maybe", "Probably", "Depends"........

"Coach is there anything you can learn from playing a game like this?"

"Yes.....next question."

"Coach, what led to Dickerson starting at center?"

"Injuries...next question."

"How pleased were you with play of your true freshman inside linebackers?"

"Very...next question."

There would be an absolute meltdown by the talking heads of college football.
Hope he never answers about "Depends". Isn't that something you wear, if you have a problem? Yep! I know he had hip replacement surgery, but that would not require him to wear DEPENDS.

Maybe some of the media asking questions need to take Football 101 before asking or permitted to ask questions. Cecil Hurt could probably teach that course.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I'm just waiting for the day when, in the post game press conference, he answers every question with one word like "Yes", "No", "Maybe", "Probably", "Depends"........

"Coach is there anything you can learn from playing a game like this?"

"Yes.....next question."

"Coach, what led to Dickerson starting at center?"

"Injuries...next question."

"How pleased were you with play of your true freshman inside linebackers?"

"Very...next question."

There would be an absolute meltdown by the talking heads of college football.
This is a Belichick press conference and one of the few differences in the two.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

He was also upset because he hears people complaining about Bama's schedule and here this reporter comes and asks a loaded question ("can you learn anything from a game like this?").

At this point, any reporter who thinks Saban likes playing these teams which Bama totally outclasses is either willfully ignorant or outright stupid. Either way, I don't feel bad that he got blasted for the ridiculous question.
Exactly. I mean the man was the only one who wanted an extra SEC game and plainly said he wanted to play all Power 5 teams and yet these reporters keep poking and poking the bear and act surprised when the bear snaps backs. All I can say is cry me a river, what do they expect when reporters keep asking dumb questions?

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia

It really is painful listening to reporters' questions, both in press conferences and the halftime/post-game TV interview.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

It really is painful listening to reporters' questions, both in press conferences and the halftime/post-game TV interview.
Makes me wonder how anyone can be called a sports reporter, and know so little about football, Alabama, or Coach Saban.
Reputation sez Coach Saban does not suffer fools gladly.
There is a problem when reporters quiz you about the same thing week after week.
They act like they are expecting a different answer.
Those and the guys who try to ask 'Got You Questions' always get under the Coach's skin.
IMO: The reporters are trying to push Coach Saban's buttons,
then they can write about him being mean and nasty to them.
Small wonder when they set themselves up like 'Kewpie Dolls', that they get knocked down.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Unless there was some history with some of reporters asking questions, I thought the question on "what can you learn from this game" was innocent enough.

The other one regarding centers was outright obnoxious answer ... nobody knew that Dickerson is playing center becos both centers were injured. I follow pretty closely and I didnt know Chris Owens was injured. Also it was valid question since they were shuffling on Oline due to Duke ineptitude.

MAybe he was angry with how the game went or something
Why is it bothering you? Is it something for you to be concerned about ? He is a grown man running successful football program and you want to come here and say you didn't like his antics after the game? He wasn't wrong about those two things: the 1 second and the sub issue.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Why is it bothering you? Is it something for you to be concerned about ? He is a grown man running successful football program and you want to come here and say you didn't like his antics after the game? He wasn't wrong about those two things: the 1 second and the sub issue.
You can say the right things the wrong way.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Unless there was some history with some of reporters asking questions, I thought the question on "what can you learn from this game" was innocent enough.

The other one regarding centers was outright obnoxious answer ... nobody knew that Dickerson is playing center becos both centers were injured. I follow pretty closely and I didnt know Chris Owens was injured. Also it was valid question since they were shuffling on Oline due to Duke ineptitude.

MAybe he was angry with how the game went or something
How many 15 yard penalties did Dickerson get this year. The one in the Iron Bowl was ridiculous! Did Dickerson have a track record of doing this at FSU? That is NOT LEADERSHIP. There were toooooooo many penalties this year: false starts, etc. And there were tooooo many personal fouls this year. That HURTS the team and is NOT leadership! Does anyone know the total number of penalties this year and a breakdown of what those penalties were? If I were Coach Saban, I'd be very irritated about PENALTIES: 14 TOTAL in the Barn game, but one was an off-setting penalty.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.