Alabama: Did not like CNS antics in presser after game...

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018
Unless there was some history with some of reporters asking questions, I thought the question on "what can you learn from this game" was innocent enough.

The other one regarding centers was outright obnoxious answer ... nobody knew that Dickerson is playing center becos both centers were injured. I follow pretty closely and I didnt know Chris Owens was injured. Also it was valid question since they were shuffling on Oline due to Duke ineptitude.

MAybe he was angry with how the game went or something

EnterBama

Scout Team
Oct 24, 2018
Re: Did not like CNS antics in pressconf after game

Unless there was some history with some of reporters asking questions, I thought the question on "what can you learn from this game" was innocent enough.

The other one regarding centers was outright obnoxious answer ... nobody knew that Dickerson is playing center becos both centers were injured. I follow pretty closely and I didnt know Chris Owens was injured. Also it was valid question since they were shuffling on Oline due to Duke ineptitude.

Maybe he was angry with how the game went or something
Maybe he's concerned, and probably should be, with our OLine. We've had good luck for the most part with our offensive lines staying pretty much healthy year long for a while.

Now we have players out due to injuries, out due to disciplinary reasons and so far they aren't looking good against very inferior defenses. We here that they will "gel" but will they. I'm not sure the talent level is there as it has been in the past AND our RB's aren't hitting the holes very hard either.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

Sorry that you're disappointed in the GOAT. I'm guessing that he approved the work you did at your job today?

• Haha
Reactions: dWarriors88

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

It's all gonna be okay.....

Nick's an angry guy.....that's when he's at his best

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

I thought the off-season was over.

Hey, if you don't like the answer, then maybe you should have not have asked the question. Especially ones that are repeatedly asked. No, they asked for it and they got it. And it was precisely what they wanted.

MOO! To all of them.................

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

He was mad about the way the 2nd team defense played. Saw it coming.
That and maybe a few other things...…………..he's managing a few issues, so I will cut him some slack. The stress alone is enough to make someone angry. I'd only start worrying when he grows larger and turns green

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

He was also upset because he hears people complaining about Bama's schedule and here this reporter comes and asks a loaded question ("can you learn anything from a game like this?").

At this point, any reporter who thinks Saban likes playing these teams which Bama totally outclasses is either willfully ignorant or outright stupid. Either way, I don't feel bad that he got blasted for the ridiculous question.

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018

He was also upset because he hears people complaining about Bama's schedule and here this reporter comes and asks a loaded question ("can you learn anything from a game like this?").

At this point, any reporter who thinks Saban likes playing these teams which Bama totally outclasses is either willfully ignorant or outright stupid. Either way, I don't feel bad that he got blasted for the ridiculous question.
its not a question of feeling bad ... when i listened on radio it seemed innocent question.
But more than that he was just itching to blow up is how I felt

Also it was not simple math on Oline. I was under impression they are trying dickerson at center not that they were forced to.

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Something I have learned in life. Let me preface this comment with the statement that I attend church every time the doors are opened and hold Christian values. However: I do not want a Sunday School teacher for a Lawyer, elected official, policeman, coach or any other thing which I am dependent on them for protection and or/service. I want the lawyer, official, policeman, coach & etc. to fight down and dirty for me. Now if the other side is using Sunday School teachers then, fine, I will too. So while I don't always like the words I see and hear coming from the GOAT I don't complain cause he ain't my SS teacher.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Here's what people don't understand. Having to answer questions almost immediately after a game and doing it without given a chance to decompress is not the best of ideas if you're looking for professional and cordial responses. It's the nature of the beast. It's why even on the very amateur, waaaaaaay down the competitive list of sports, that is youth baseball. We have a team rule that no parent is to approach any coach after a game to discuss an issue. Wait until the next day when the coach has a chance to decompress and both can be in a position to respond when emotions aren't running full throttle.

Reactions: VernonTider

CrimsonRuss

1st Team
Sep 30, 2015

Sorry that you're disappointed in the GOAT. I'm guessing that he approved the work you did at your job today?
Actually he disapproved of my work, so much so that he disciplined me. My punishment, 20 minutes on the treadmill.. So I gotta go...🤪

Last edited:

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

You would think they could come up with better questions. How many times do they ask any coach, "What can you learn from a game like this?" If you can't come up with better questions or continue to ask rhetorical questions don't ask any at all.

Last edited:

h2o

1st Team
Dec 31, 2006
Winfield, Alabama

You could see it coming from the start of the press conference. He is always more on edge in games like these.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

He was also upset because he hears people complaining about Bama's schedule and here this reporter comes and asks a loaded question, in a condescending tone ("can you learn anything from a game like this?").
FIFY.

Then they ask about the students leaving early....................on a day people are passing out in the stands. Sorry, the whole thing was bush league. They just wanted some negative headlines to run with.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.