‘Someone’s Gotta Tell the Freakin’ Truth’: Jerry Falwell’s Aides Break Their Silence

‘Someone’s Gotta Tell the Freakin’ Truth’: Jerry Falwell’s Aides Break Their Silence

Very interesting but not remotely surprising if you've been paying attention. I happen to share an opinion on Falwell Sr that would align better to Larry Flynt's than many here but even I didn't think he was as slimy as his kid. Sounds like those around Liberty, the true believers about what they think Liberty and by extension Christian Evangelicism really should be about are getting tired of Jr. Lot of sources here and written by a Liberty Insider. Great read

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...y-loans-227914
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

Re: ‘Someone’s Gotta Tell the Freakin’ Truth’: Jerry Falwell’s Aides Break Their Sile

the corruption and shameless self dealing of these evangelical hucksters doesn't surprise me at all; what i still have a hard time getting my head around is how willfully gullible their congregations are.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

Re: ‘Someone’s Gotta Tell the Freakin’ Truth’: Jerry Falwell’s Aides Break Their Sile

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    the corruption and shameless self dealing of these evangelical hucksters doesn't surprise me at all; what i still have a hard time getting my head around is how willfully gullible their congregations are.
    at this point their entire belief system (and NOT just the religion) requires them to deny reality. How can they be anything but gullible when all they trust in news is propaganda, they are told not to believe lies they actually witness and have been lead to believe that objective truth does not exist?
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    at this point their entire belief system (and NOT just the religion) requires them to deny reality. How can they be anything but gullible when all they trust in news is propaganda, they are told not to believe lies they actually witness and have been lead to believe that objective truth does not exist?
    yeah, i grew up surrounded by it. and it's gotten exponentially worse since i was around it all of the time. and it was pretty bad then with daddy falwell and amway fleecing the rubes in the name of america jesus.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

Put your faith in God, not man. Man will let you down every time, God won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddrn View Post
    Put your faith in God, not man. Man will let you down every time, God won't.
    i'm guessing that jerry jr.s forgiveness tour will be epic and will re-gain the faith of many of his followers (assuming that many will break from him in the first place). it will put swaggart's efforts to shame.
    Last edited by 92tide; September 11th, 2019 at 04:29 PM.

- George Orwell

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaFlum's Avatar

Reminds me of Simon the Sorcerer in Acts.

Not everyone who cries Lord Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RTR!

BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

I like how one pundit put it: "They are not a religious college. They are a real estate investment company, using students' money to fill their pockets."

And who can forget that Hugh Freeze got a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card for his mea culpa speech at Liberty. All of his whoremongering was forgiven, and he's now their head ball coach. Hope he's smart enough now to get a burner phone.

the new hbo series about religious hucksters, "righteous gemstones", is pretty good. stars danny mcbride and john goodman

- George Orwell

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American IMALOYAL1's Avatar

Many people with a heart of gold find it hard to relate to the wolves among the flock. It's sad in so many ways.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    the new hbo series about religious hucksters, "righteous gemstones", is pretty good. stars danny mcbride and john goodman
    It is weird but Danny McBride actually looks like he could be a religious huckster in real life. He just has that look.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    It is weird but Danny McBride actually looks like he could be a religious huckster in real life. He just has that look.
    he is perfect for that role.

- George Orwell

— Thomas Pynchon