‘Someone’s Gotta Tell the Freakin’ Truth’: Jerry Falwell’s Aides Break Their Silence

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Very interesting but not remotely surprising if you've been paying attention. I happen to share an opinion on Falwell Sr that would align better to Larry Flynt's than many here but even I didn't think he was as slimy as his kid. Sounds like those around Liberty, the true believers about what they think Liberty and by extension Christian Evangelicism really should be about are getting tired of Jr. Lot of sources here and written by a Liberty Insider. Great read

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/09/09/jerry-falwell-liberty-university-loans-227914

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
the corruption and shameless self dealing of these evangelical hucksters doesn't surprise me at all; what i still have a hard time getting my head around is how willfully gullible their congregations are.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
the corruption and shameless self dealing of these evangelical hucksters doesn't surprise me at all; what i still have a hard time getting my head around is how willfully gullible their congregations are.
at this point their entire belief system (and NOT just the religion) requires them to deny reality. How can they be anything but gullible when all they trust in news is propaganda, they are told not to believe lies they actually witness and have been lead to believe that objective truth does not exist?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
at this point their entire belief system (and NOT just the religion) requires them to deny reality. How can they be anything but gullible when all they trust in news is propaganda, they are told not to believe lies they actually witness and have been lead to believe that objective truth does not exist?
yeah, i grew up surrounded by it. and it's gotten exponentially worse since i was around it all of the time. and it was pretty bad then with daddy falwell and amway fleecing the rubes in the name of america jesus.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Put your faith in God, not man. Man will let you down every time, God won't.
i'm guessing that jerry jr.s forgiveness tour will be epic and will re-gain the faith of many of his followers (assuming that many will break from him in the first place). it will put swaggart's efforts to shame.

Last edited:

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Reminds me of Simon the Sorcerer in Acts.

Not everyone who cries Lord Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
I like how one pundit put it: "They are not a religious college. They are a real estate investment company, using students' money to fill their pockets."

And who can forget that Hugh Freeze got a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card for his mea culpa speech at Liberty. All of his whoremongering was forgiven, and he's now their head ball coach. Hope he's smart enough now to get a burner phone.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.