Time for Bama to excise some demons from the past (2010 game)

rtrbama1

1st Team
May 31, 2015
Didn't Julio catch a line drive TD pass just a few days after having surgery on one of his hands?
No, this was actually the game where Julio broke his hand. He broke it on his first reception and run in the 1st quarter, then finished the game with 8 catches for 118 yards and a TD. I think that's the TD you're referring to. So he got 7 of those catches and 104 yards and a TD with a broken hand.

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
No, this was actually the game Julio broke his hand. He broke it on his first reception and run in the 1st quarter, then finished the games with 8 catches for 118 yards and a TD. I think that's the TD you're referring to. So he got 7 of those catches and 104 yards and a TD with a broken hand.
Julio is a beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
That game unfairly gets pegged as Garcia having some kind of miracle game. Granted, he had a very good game, but it was one of 4 very good games in a row he played. He actually had a better game statistically the week before vs auburn, and then threw for more yards the next two weeks. It's unfair to Garcia & USC to say Bama just caught him on a hot day, they really caught him in the midst of a hot streak. Over a 4-game stretch he went 83 of 112 (74%) for 1173 yds & 10 TDs. Those numbers don't seem great by today's standards, but in 2010 at USC (which was surprisingly a running team under Spurrier), those were outstanding numbers.

That 2010 game was lost simply because Bama did not run the ball well and USC did run the ball well (at least they ran it well enough) and Bama had some kicking woes (missed short FG, missed extra point, 15-yard punt), plus Bama had no answer for Alshon Jeffery who averaged 18.1 yards per catch. He and Lattimore were arguably more damaging to Bama than Garcia, who threw several jump balls that Jeffery was able to come down with. Lattimore had a business-like 93 yards rushing & 16 yards receiving with 3 TDs.

If there was a key play in the game it was McElroy's fumble. Bama had the ball near midfield, 1st & 10, down 14-3. Had they scored there it's 14-10 or 14-6 and possibly a different game. Instead, McElroy is sacked and fumbles & USC takes over with great field position and scores to go up 21-3. At that point Bama was playing uphill much of the rest of the game.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I'd be curious what the models would say if you put the stats for this game in. How often, given these stats, would you expect Alabama to win or South Carolina win.

I remember seeing a stat like after the Clemson game where it said Clemson would be expected something like 75% of the time.
I believe these stats demonstrate that we need to play in the East. :biggrin2:
From 247Sports- https://247sports.com/college/alaba...orylines-4-players-to-know-7-notes-135526235/
2. Alabama has not lost to an SEC Eastern Division opponent since the Gamecocks defeated the Crimson Tide in 2010, 35-21. Here is Alabama’s record against the SEC East in this decade:

vs Florida, 5-0
vs Georgia, 3-0
vs Kentucky, 2-0
vs Missouri, 3-0
vs South Carolina, 0-1
vs Tennessee, 9-0
vs Vanderbilt, 2-0

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Yep and it getting old. The game tomorrow has no connection to that game, it was 10 years ago. These players were what, 10ish years old. I say the demons are long gone, USC went on to achieve nothing and Bama has achieved everything.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.