Time for Bama to excise some demons from the past (2010 game)
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American Tide&True's Avatar

Does anybody remember that game? I do and this elephant didnít forget!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "They've got a name for the winners in the world....they call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
    -Steely Dan

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Re: Time for Bama to excise some demons from the past (2010 game)

The things I remember is that most remembers it the wrong way, and that I was watching it with with a bunch of donkey gamecock fans overseas.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; September 10th, 2019 at 08:56 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Didn't Julio catch a line drive TD pass just a few days after having surgery on one of his hands?
    This is the darkest timeline.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Itís one of those old games I have on DVD (recorded then) that Iíve never watched. Memory on this one is hazy except we didnít play very well.

BamaNation All-American

Remember it. Garciaís perfect game.

BamaNation Second Team

For USC, it was a perfect storm.

That day Garcia could have taken the snap, turned around with his back to the rush and, with his left hand, flipped the ball over his right shoulder and Alshon Jeffries would have been there to catch it. That was the type of day it was for USCe.
    "A politician is a person that can smoke a cigar, down a shot of bourbon, kiss a baby, and talk out of both sides of their mouth all at the same time."

BamaNation First Team GCtidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    It’s one of those old games I have on DVD (recorded then) that I’ve never watched. Memory on this one is hazy except we didn’t play very well.
    ???
    Didn't know you could purposely "forget"...

You don't know Selma...there isn't much his mind can't do...literally... on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by GCtidefan View Post
    ???
    Didn't know you could purposely "forget"...

BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar

I never rewatch losses, but I made an exception for this game earlier in the summer. SEC Network had a rewind special about the game and I was desperate for football.

I had a lot misperceptions about that game and Iíd blocked a lot from my memory. Mainly I remembered us getting dominated, but that really wasnít the case. We were within one score most of the 2nd half, only sloppy play kept us out of it. It wasnít until midway through the 4th when SC scored a late TD sealing the game.

I had two big takeaways after rewatching it:

1. How far weíve come with QB recruiting:
    Nothing but love for GMac, but he was very physically limited compared to the QBís weíve had since. Terrible OL play caused constant pressure, but GMac couldnít get anything done against a dialed in defense. Iíd forgotten how well he could run the system when properly executed, but he just couldnít make something out of nothing like weíve seen consistently from Tua, Hurts, or even Coker. While ultimately I knew that, I didnít realize how big of a gap there was until watching it again.

2. That 2010 team wasted a lot of talent with major attitude problems:
    That game reminded me how little urgency we had all season. Always seemed like the team felt like they could turn it on at any time with minimum effort and overwhelm the opponent with talent. I remembered that vividly from the Auburn game, but Iíd always attributed it to having already lost 2 games. In my mind the team gave up once they realized they were out of the championship picture. When in fact the same problems from the Auburn game where there all season, but SC was just the first team talented enough to expose the attitude issues. Weíve seen that a few times since then, unfortunately there was just a lot more parity in talent in the conference at that time, so it cost us more.

Eye opening game, rewatching it made me even more ready to watch a total beatdown this weekend. You can tell Saban hasnít forgotten, so I fully expect the team to come in even more primed than usual for this one.

Formerly BamaBomber

BamaNation All-American

The 2010 season is the one season since my Freshman year at Alabama that I didn't watch a single game until the bowl game. I was in India for the entire season with no access to a TV so I followed along whenever I had access to the internet. So, I don't remember this game but I do remember my shock at hearing of our loss.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar

here is the kicker, after the perfect game by Garcia, the gamecocks turn around and lose to Kentucky the following week!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaHoosier View Post
    I never rewatch losses, but I made an exception for this game earlier in the summer. SEC Network had a rewind special about the game and I was desperate for football.

I had a lot misperceptions about that game and I’d blocked a lot from my memory. Mainly I remembered us getting dominated, but that really wasn’t the case. We were within one score most of the 2nd half, only sloppy play kept us out of it. It wasn’t until midway through the 4th when SC scored a late TD sealing the game.

I had two big takeaways after rewatching it:

1. How far we’ve come with QB recruiting:
    Nothing but love for GMac, but he was very physically limited compared to the QB’s we’ve had since. Terrible OL play caused constant pressure, but GMac couldn’t get anything done against a dialed in defense. I’d forgotten how well he could run the system when properly executed, but he just couldn’t make something out of nothing like we’ve seen consistently from Tua, Hurts, or even Coker. While ultimately I knew that, I didn’t realize how big of a gap there was until watching it again.

2. That 2010 team wasted a lot of talent with major attitude problems:
    That game reminded me how little urgency we had all season. Always seemed like the team felt like they could turn it on at any time with minimum effort and overwhelm the opponent with talent. I remembered that vividly from the Auburn game, but I’d always attributed it to having already lost 2 games. In my mind the team gave up once they realized they were out of the championship picture. When in fact the same problems from the Auburn game where there all season, but SC was just the first team talented enough to expose the attitude issues. We’ve seen that a few times since then, unfortunately there was just a lot more parity in talent in the conference at that time, so it cost us more.

Eye opening game, rewatching it made me even more ready to watch a total beatdown this weekend. You can tell Saban hasn’t forgotten, so I fully expect the team to come in even more primed than usual for this one.

The problem was more severe going into that South Carolina game because we had just gotten finished dismantling Florida in Tuscaloosa. At that time, we all thought Florida was really good, but the truth was they were mediocre in that first season after Tebow. They came in to Tuscaloosa, and truth be told, we played a very uninspired game especially on offense. Yet we ended up dominating because Florida was so mediocre. So the attitude issues were amplified going into Columbia. I think that team thought they were invincible. And... when you think about it... if it weren't for all the injuries they may well have beaten LSU and Auburn. Who knows what happens if that team finishes 11-1. They would have gotten a rematch with South Carolina in Atlanta, and probably drill them into the ground like Auburn did. Then they are playing Oregon in the NC game and probably kill them like they did Michigan State.

So close, yet so far.