A boy was bullied for his homemade UT shirt, so the school rallied

Wakecrash

Suspended
Sep 22, 2018
So a fourth grade boy in Fl wears a UT logo that looks like trash and some girls said it looks like trash and he cries to his teacher and he gets a full scholarship. Yea,,, I feel better.....

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Just once again to state how I, like crimsonaudio, feel about ut (paraphrased from a former UA Alumni President):

We all know about Bama's rivalries with awburn and twelversee. But, awburn is like that crazy cousin who drools on himself and at family reunions you just put him in the corner and laugh at him. twelversee is like that neighbor that you just can't stand.

This is EXACTLY how I feel and have stated this quote many times on here. Maybe the girls in FL felt like I do but just got mixed up on who you laugh at and who you view with contempt. *shoulder shrug*

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
This was a great thing for Tennessee to do and I'm really glad they did it. Reasonable people can put football rivalries to the side for a moment and just be happy that the University of Tennessee did a great thing for a young kid. God bless them for that.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
What if he doesn't qualify? :pDT_Aliboronz_16: It is UT...

on TideFans.com
This was a great thing for Tennessee to do and I'm really glad they did it. Reasonable people can put football rivalries to the side for a moment and just be happy that the University of Tennessee did a great thing for a young kid. God bless them for that.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
TN is going to have to do something pretty significant for me to feel anything but disdain for them. Honestly, I am not sure that there is anything within their reach that would get me there.

Happy for the kid that someone helped him deal with his bullying. Don't care a whit that it was TN that did it.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I know people on here just hate UT with the heat of 1000 hells.....but come on.....Who knows what this kid's family can and cannot afford? or maybe he forgot and didn't want to be left out of spirit day. I refuse to hate and think what UT did was a good thing.
Orange is not in my color wheel (as Sandra Bullock said)
But I think what they did was cool.
That said, were I a UT fan/alum, I would not be rushing out to buy that t-shirt. Given the stereotypes other throw around about Tennessee (rough-hewn rustics), that shirt plays right into it.

DavidMcElroy

Sep 25, 2009
Birmingham
www.davidmcelroy.org
People made fun of the kid's shirt, partly because it was homemade and partly because it was supporting a rival school. That would happen pretty much anywhere. I don't like kids ridiculing other kids, but that is NOT what bullying is. This kid was NOT bullied.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
People made fun of the kid's shirt, partly because it was homemade and partly because it was supporting a rival school. That would happen pretty much anywhere. I don't like kids ridiculing other kids, but that is NOT what bullying is. This kid was NOT bullied.
If that was the extent of it, I agree. Not sure one way or the other that it was.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.