CFN: Alabama vs. South Carolina Fearless Prediction, Game Preview

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Sort of shockingly, these two programs have only played 15 times, with the last meeting in 2010 – a 35-21 South Carolina win that was one of the worst losses in the Nick Saban era before a little debacle in Santa Clara.

South Carolina has been an easy punching bag after its loss to North Carolina to kick things off, but there’s just enough talent to give Bama a little bit of a fight. The Gamecocks have athletes and SEC skill, but they don’t have the depth and they don’t have the NFL skill parts to keep up the pace.
Alabama vs. South Carolina Fearless Prediction, Game Preview

I'll take it!

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
I’ll take it. I don’t know why people want to re-live 2010. Neither teams are the same and Coach Get Mad is running the show in Columbia.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
USC has serviceable RBs, but no big-time SEC-caliber RB & they don't run the qb so much, so Bama should be able to shut down running game. The freshman qb Joyner is a runner, so they may bring him in to run, but if they do that it's pretty much telegraphed. I'll be surprised if USC breaks 120 yds rushing.

Passing-wise, freshman qb looked really good vs a really bad team, so who knows. Edwards is a big-time SEC WR...sometimes. He's a jekyl & hyde player so depends on which Bryan Edwards shows up. At times he looks Julio Jones good and at times he looks like he doesn't belong on a D1 team. I expect USC to score in the 10 to 21 point range.

D is not awful, not great - just average (they were awful last season, so are improved). Bama should be able to break 35 unless something changes from what I've seen last year and this year. Can't see USC DBs handling Bama WRs. DL is solid, LB was expected to be good but played poorly vs UNC. I expect Bama to score in the 35 to 49 point range.

Gamecock emotion might make this a game for a quarter and a half, but once Bama pulls ahead I don't see the Gamecocks keeping up.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
Im going again, hopefully we blast them out of the water. Need the SCAR fans to have some humble pie. Looking for Bama to win by 3 touchdowns. Roll Tide

We have 2 young men from my school who will play in this game Bryan Edwards for SCAR and Jaylen Moody Bama. Excited to see them in action.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.