Suspended Alabama freshman Antonio Alfano has ‘disappeared a little bit’

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Academics? They've never heard of them, ask Bo, Fullwood, Fairly, and/or Cam - just to name a few. Remember, 'class' (both the school kind and the character kind) was big with Coach Bryant, therefore the barn has always been against it.
Many years ago, I knew a girl that tutored Fullwood at awbern. She said he was on a first grade reading level... :cool2:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That's a question does the NCAA recognize that it is legal in Colorado so don't test for pot?
Is pot banned by the NCAA, or is that a school thing? I have no idea.

ETA - Google says that the NCAA only tests at championship events, so no worries at CO. Smoke up. :sifone:

Last edited:

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Colorado would be a great place for a kid who shies away from the spotlight. He can play in a place where football is not the focus in a league where he could be an impact player immediately. I wish him well.

rtr

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
It won't matter. Many rules go "unenforced" all the time. But I won't get started on that subject.
Won’t matter because the recent “pay for play” deal has shown us that the NCAA will not try to enforce rules that stand directly in conflict with things that are allowed by local laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
So AA wanted to be closer to family in NJ so he's looking at transferring to Colorado? Sounds like the Gardner Minshew story.
It does ring familiar with the Minshew story. Give Minshew credit, he knew he would never see the field in Tuscaloosa and to his credit he was a helluva lot better than most of thought. In the end, his tenure at WSU paid big dividends now that he is in the NFL, and a starter no less.

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
It does ring familiar with the Minshew story. Give Minshew credit, he knew he would never see the field in Tuscaloosa and to his credit he was a helluva lot better than most of thought. In the end, his tenure at WSU paid big dividends now that he is in the NFL, and a starter no less.
Yes I think My neighbor made the right decision.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Looks like AA is officially Rocky Mountain High...committed to the Buffs....He's going to apply for a waiver for immediate eligibility...If he gets it, the system is even more of a joke than the Justin Fields ordeal led me to believe...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Looks like he wants to smoke ganja and chill (not attend class). Reckon playing on a contender wasn’t his cup o’ shroom tea.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Looks like he wants to smoke ganja and chill (not attend class). Reckon playing on a contender wasn’t his cup o’ shroom tea.
Should’ve seen the red flags, but then again I’m sure a lot of players mature under the pressure and shine, he just crumbled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018
"Colorado would be a great place for a kid who shies away from the spotlight. He can play in a place where football is not the focus in a league where he could be an impact player immediately. I wish him well"

Glad to see that someone else has some compassion for this kid. I wish him the best of luck. When I think of the stuff that I did between the ages of 17 and 19 it is remarkable that I came out alive and became a respectable member of society. The payback for being a teenager is when you have your own teenagers. AA deserves a second chance and a third chance as long as he doesn't hurt anyone but himself.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I'm assuming that even in the PAC12, and Colorado rocky mountain high, you are still supposed to attend class. We'll see if he can make that commitment. He should have to sit out a year before playing, but I'll bet the NCAA approves his waiver request.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.