CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Last edited:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I hope he can get things worked out in his life.

If he plays football elsewhere, I hope it's not at LSU or Auburn or anywhere in the SEC. He had said he was homesick but you never know where he will end up on a team.

Hopefully he won't bad mouth Saban/the team/players/coaches or give out any inside info.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
We've had some critical misses in recruiting over the last 5 years too. When your top guys flop and you miss on 1-2 other critical position needs each class, you end up where we have been on defense the last two years. The brain drain, constant turnover, and the fact that so many former coaches are within the region that recruit the same template on defense as us is really biting us in the ass.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That’s the reason for the drop off. It’s one thing to have guys leave early, the Process depends on it, it’s quite another to have your top rated guys never contribute at all.
That is fair, but keep in mind that Alabama does not have a huge drop-off to its next highest player, and so on, and so forth. This would kill most programs. It is only a setback for Alabama.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
If he is gone, then we need to let it go, no sense in further discussing his leaving. I do agree with rgw, we have missed out on some recruits we could certainly use right now. It is my opinion that losing 5-7 assistants nearly every year creates serious issues of continuity in the staff and when these assistants go to other schools in the region then those relationships go with them.

bamabill123

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2018
good bye and good luck, hopefully it all works out. maybe juco is a good option, but you still gotta go to class . Go back home and get it together, you're not the first person this has happened to , athlete or not. I came close myself, but my father "talked" me out of it and i grew up.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
No doubt that the barn is already actively recruiting him. Academics are optional down there... :cool2:

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Academics? They've never heard of them, ask Bo, Fullwood, Fairly, and/or Cam - just to name a few. Remember, 'class' (both the school kind and the character kind) was big with Coach Bryant, therefore the barn has always been against it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.