Suspended Alabama freshman Antonio Alfano has ‘disappeared a little bit’

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Click here

Saving time for people who wants to know what's going on with him.

IMO, it is not looking good for him at this point. When you are deep in doghouse with Coach Saban, It is often hard to come out of it. I wouldn't be shocked if he choose to look elsewhere soon.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
I hope this turns around. He will get all the playing time he can use. But you have to do what you have to do, starting with academics.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I hate this as I know we all do. Coach eluded to grades a little bit in the presser last week and not sure if that had to do with attending classes or not. This was also telling:

"But I think you compound the problem when you don’t confront the mistakes that you make and you create greater consequences for yourself because of the choices and decisions that you make after you make a mistake."

Maybe things will turn around. I hope so.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I just hope that he decides to stay and work through this. Saban is the best in the business at helping young men become successful at football and in life.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I just hope that he decides to stay and work through this. Saban is the best in the business at helping young men become successful at football and in life.
If he doesn't improve.. I'm hoping that he take JUCO path and get his grades in order and hopefully come back to Alabama in two years.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Oh, he won't go JUCO. Someone will let him on with the promise he won't have to go to class. Just wait...
It's bound to happen. The question will be what the school's admissions staff thinks when they see his grades and how many credits he earned this semester.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Well, I hope he can sit down and talk to someone who can show him what a great opportunity he has, and that to get the results you want, you have to put the work in. I'd love to see him hit the field in BAMA crimson, but "disappearing a little bit" is not a good sign.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Question: If he's suspended for academic reasons, since he was an early enrollee, wouldn't it have been on Saban's radar much earlier? Or maybe his GPA was just turned in?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Question: If he's suspended for academic reasons, since he was an early enrollee, wouldn't it have been on Saban's radar much earlier? Or maybe his GPA was just turned in?
Sounds like Saban has been trying to help him get through this, whatever it is.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I hope he can do what is expected of him and stay on the team and eventually contribute. He seems physically talented.

If he does transfer/get kicked off team, I hope he does not play at UGA, Auburn, or any other SEC school.

It's sad that he is the second 5 star in the past few months to have serious issues. Anoma and now Alfano.

Hopefully he will change his attitude, work ethic, heart, and mind and stay at BAMA.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It’s really a shame that a guy this talented can’t get it going in the right direction. The amount of academic support and tutoring available to players in incredible
It takes some reciprocal effort on the student-athlete's part. Being rated as a 5* athlete doesn't mean you're adjusted well enough to adapt to college life and be accountable. If you're not, and you're not receptive to support, you don't last long under Saban. If there's someone behind you who's almost as good and mature enough to be accountable, it's "next man"...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It takes some reciprocal effort on the student-athlete's part. Being rated as a 5* athlete doesn't mean you're adjusted well enough to adapt to college life and be accountable. If you're not, and you're not receptive to support, you don't last long under Saban. If there's someone behind you who's almost as good and mature enough to be accountable, it's "next man"...
Agreed - we have no idea what has happened here, but for a whole lot of reasons, some people simply are not ready for college life, much less the life of a college athlete in a P5 program. Frankly, some people are not even capable of accepting the support, no matter how receptive they might be.

I just hope he works though this.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
The proverbial ball is in his court...........if he wants it bad enough, he will accept help and do what he needs to do to get it straightened out. He has the talent to go a long way, but nobody can do it for him. I hope he gets it all taken care of and comes back with a new attitude and a new sense of purpose and determination..............

Maybe the whole "disappeared" thing is him staying out of sight and trying to get it together.................I dont know, but I hope he does

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.